Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello My Friends - Blogger - And Ingraham Daisy Clock A Warning About Trying Out eBay Items!



First of all, my old camera finally decided it had enough, so after 12 wonderful years, it died. RIP. I need to go get another one. I'm told they cost a lot less and hopefully are easy to use with my computer. No I do not have a cell phone that takes photos as all I have is a small emergency cell phone.

Second, while I get your comments in my email, when I go to approve or modertae comments from email, they just do not link, so I click and nothing happens and no comments are published. I looked around blogger and soo no place to moderate or apprve comments from inside my blogger account.

Any ideas on this?

Ugh. These changes to Blogger and yahoo email are making it impossible to blog with Blogger!

I can read comments, I just cannot publish them. Thanks in advance!

***EDIT
When I hit "publish" for this post, THEN it showed comments awaiting moderation. Not sure how to get there without doing that, but I was able to publish some recent blog post comments...
********
********

Oh, and the Ingraham daisy clock I love, bought for my old bedroom (so it's from the 70's when I was a kid) was bought last year for around $40 as these are popular. When I got it, I plugged it in and it worked... For the  few minutes I tested it.

I finally put it on the wall, plugged it in, and only after it ran 20 minutes did I discover it stops working. Arg!!! Far too late to return it, I am stuck with a clock that does not work. So frustrating! My fault for not testing it longer, but who knew I'd have to do that.

Word to the wise when you buy things from ebay. :)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely daisy clock. Sorry to hear it doesn't to keep time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the clock and who needs to know TIME anyways. LOL .. Blessings my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful clock. Such a striking design. Could a clockmaker not repair it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Clock!, I'd leave it on the wall at least with time standing still you won't age another day :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can buy new mechanisms for the clock - or if you don't feel up to it, look for a clock repair shop in your town. My husband replaces them all the time on ones that we buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the clock can be fixed! It is so lovely! Maybe a local vintage store, antique mall, or watch repair shop might know someone who can fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you!!
    I have a favorite vintage clock that's in my bedroom. I have had to replace the clock motor twice with a new one. MICHAELS craft store sells them. :)
    Your clock is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete