Friday, May 11, 2012

Vintage Metal Western Horse Toy



Dipping my toe back in the eBay shopping market. I swear they changed the format again, as I was shopping today. Used to be a little secondary search window at the top, right, now that's gone.

At any rate, I snagged this charming little vintage metal western horse toy with great patina for only $0.99 US. Big buy!



I have a similar vintage or antique metal racehorse Mom gave me years ago. So this guy will fit right in.

I checked all my usual categories on eBay and find I am more selective than ever. I don't want "stuff" but only things I cannot live without.

Was tempted to bid on a vintage red slipper chair. The price was right as was shipping, but when I inquired about musty or moldy scents, the seller not only dodged the question but said a "bad smell" was no reason for a return.

Wow! Lost a sale!

I bought a beautiful vintage slipper chair a couple years ago on eBay, and it had a heavy musty smell. No matter what I tried, there was no getting rid of that smell! It's been in the dry heat here long enough where the smell is not noticeable much anymore, but I'm not going through that again. No thanks!

I hope all my blog friends are doing well!

8 comments:

  1. Love the horse--of course as a horse-crazy girl in the 50's and 60's I had every kind of toy horse out there. My father finally relented and let us have some REAL horses, which was way cooler. I do still have the model Arabian stallion my mother decorated, at least. It's nice to be back blogging, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.--I linked to your blog from mine on my "Blogs I Love" gadget, FYI. I'm pretty sure anyone reading my blog is also one of your followers (933!!!!) but you never know, there might be some poor soul out there who has never experienced the joy of 1950's Atomic Ranch House!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I have been talking to a horse crazy friend, about our age, who is thinking of selling it all to get a horse again & a small bit of land. I am so tempted!

    And thanks! I try following people back and that seems to be broke too with the upgrade.

    Yah I don't have much to blog about, but it's good to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...nice to have you "back in the saddle again." (I couldn't resist the horse comment!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a metal horse like that. It's so charming, every chip and all. The colors are lovely - you got a good 'un. Always happy to see your blog pop up with a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you back. I like the way the horse has lots of use wear, you just know it's been well-loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a pretty good deal for $0.99.

    ReplyDelete