Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Pink Room


Hello! it's been a while, but I thought it time to show a few photos. The pink room, as I call it, and the master bedroom are really the only two rooms I have essentially done on my ongoing project. Work getting in the way lately.

The above charming embroidered cottage Mom picked up at a Thrift store years ago. Isn't it sweet?





My vintage calligraphy pens & a few vintage brushes on top of one of my vintage artists supply boxes. I love how these look in the vintage pottery.







My darling Steiff Gussy cat, Floppy cat and Tiger. I adore these!







Three compo or composite dolls, from the 1930's or 1940's I believe. A little early for a mid century 1950's home, but Mom loved dolls so much, I had to get these darling girls. Wish I'd had these to play with as a kid! Aren't they sweet?






My bed, also a very vintage iron bed with the original excelsior stuffed mattress. I bought this at a Thrift store over 25 years ago.

The comforter is very much like the one I had as a girl. Silky, ruffles, with pink rosebuds. The two King & Queen pillows are pillows Mom bought me back in the early 1970's.







I bought some of my beloved childhood books. The Black Stallion series. I was a typical horse crazy kid. Dawn doll, Little Wooden Doll on the book that came with her, and a little green clay pot I made in grade school.






And the dresser with the ballerina lamps. I adore them! I wasn't a ballerina kind of kid, but I love them now.


That's all for this post, I'll post more tomorrow (fingers crossed). I know some of you have seen this room already, but I have so little to actually show!

I apologize for not even visiting your blogs. I launched a few new businesses and that was it. All my time and effort had to go there. They still are eating my time, but I could not let any more time pass before I updated.

I miss you all terribly and hope to have a bit more time for blogging!

Happy Sunday!
.
.
EDIT********

I tried to respond to some of your blogs, but blogger is being a pain and won't let me view them! I hope to check them out soon . . .
.
.

15 comments:

  1. I just adore those balerina lamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT? I was so excited when your blog name came up to the top of my blog roll. So glad you are at it again. Loved the tour of the pink room. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that gussy cat :) My grandmother had that one. I think it was made in germany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ranchie! Welcome back! I think of you often & hope all is going well. It's so good to see you again. Your room.....LOVE IT ALL! Those vintage dolls are in incredible condition and I'm drooling over the ballerina lamps. GREAT job on all! Oh, love the embroidered cottage too. You are doing SO much better than myself with my nostalgia room. It seems to have become my Etsy warehouse - bummer! Welcome back & hope to see you again soon. You were definitely missed.
    ~Vickie~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! I am so excited to see you back and on my blog today! Your room looks so great! I'm sure there are good vibes in there, almost like a time machine! I guess that's why I love vintage so much, it reminds me of my Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see you back!!! You've really created a wonderfully nostalgic room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ranchie!!!!!!!!!
    good to see you back. i've been very slack myself lately, I know you'll get to things when you, I'm sure we understand that life sometimes has to come first.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see you again! Life/work does get in the way of blogging, but again blogging is a nice release, hope we see more of you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink room! I -will- have a pink room someday! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pink room looks rather lovely and I am REALLY glad you stopped in and updated us. I kept wondering about you. =D (Since your last post still said "MERRY CHRISTMAS" in my blog roll.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so good to see you back around! This room is beautiful. Every girl's dream. I'd love to sit and look at the things on that sweet dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love all these! They look so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to read a new post from you, I really thought you were gone for good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey welcome back! I have been distracted from blogging & blog reading too. It is good to see you back. I love your Steiffs. I used to have a few when I was a kid. I still have my Tapsy Cat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is my dream!
    I too am a collector and vintage retro lover! I love all of your things. I myself collect tiki mugs, vintage planters, fiestaware, my kitchen is all turquoise and pink with a little yellow, I also collect 50's and 60's jewelry and records. It's tough cause I have a small apartment in Brooklyn, NY and have alot of my things in storage, but want a ranch home in Florida some day to really display my things, maybe have a vintage tiki room. I'm 36 now, so maybe in my late 40's my husband and I will buy a place there. Anyway I love how you research and pair things. I too have a small black panther. I'm really into barkcloth right now and vintage bread box and cake carriers. I will continue to view and read all your cool posts! Thanks for letting me share!

    ReplyDelete