Saturday, September 3, 2011

UPDATE on eBay Auction




This is the email I got from the seller:

"Had you bothered to contact me you would have been told that there is nothing wrong with your order. I had ebay remove *NEW* listings I had started due to a fee dicrepency. I have no idea why they are emailing all of my buyers but your item will ship in the morning. Check my feedback and know that you are in good hands. I will no longer be selling with ebay due to this latest list of garbage they have put me through. You can find me on Ebid.net. Lower deller fees means lower prices for buyers! Wendy"



Had I "bothered" to contact her? Her auction vanished from my list after I paid for it, how the hell was I going to contact her except via eBay dispute center? And why didn't she email her buyers so they wouldn't worry? Huh? Tell me that, snarky lady!! lol...

eBay sent me two more emails, one stating: "Urgent Information Regarding Your eBay Account". It simply stated the auction was "reinstated".


Well that was... Scary to get an email with that title!

Sheesh!!

You can bet I ain't gonna go look for her on Ebid.net, but mentioned Ebid.net in case anyone reading this wants to check them out as another option to buy and sell.


Thank you for all the comments regarding this latest eBay drama. In my 11 years on eBay, I never experienced this! Good thing I didn't buy another gray dapple Arabian, thinking this Breyer horse was "gone".


Hope all my American friends have a wonderful Labor Day holiday, and the rest of my friends have a wonderful weekend!
.
.

16 comments:

  1. Sadly, some sellers don't have the faintest idea about professionalism and courtesy.

    That said, glad you're getting your order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how horrible! especially the first sentence she wrote. "Had you bothered to contact me..." the nerve of some people.
    hopefully you wont experience that situation again! but atleast you are getting your order :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get all the luck from buying on eBay lol.

    My reaction was to shoot her back a snarky email, but I think I'll take the high road and just get my item and be done with it.

    Reinstated or not, her auction is still "gone", so no way to rate her. Too bad. Oh well, I got a great deal, and that's really what it's all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry - I don't understand people like that! I have had misfortunes with things getting lost etc..that I have sent on etsy. But, I hope I never act defensive like this seller. I take the blame, and the customer is always right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I don't get it. Been a seller, I acted professional. Period. Never, ever was I snarky with a buyer, especially one who paid within 10 seconds of the auction ending like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch did you reply back?I dont like snarky people had one lady in admin at the hospital last week like that Oh how I disliked her attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've gotta wonder how anybody in his right mind could think that's an acceptable way to talk to a customer...Glad you're getting your horse though.

    That said, now I'm having eBay nightmares. I spent half the day opening an eBay account for the store, and I can see our listings when I'm logged in to that account...but I don't think anybody else can, because when I go to my personal account, it says there are 0 listings for that seller.

    I don't know what's wrong with eBay, but they'd better shape up before they lose all their customers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed your last post, but goodness you never seem to have any luck with ebay. I would have hated to recieve an email like that. But glad the issue has now been resolved for you. Hope you have a lovely week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is crazy! I think that online sellers need to pay very close attention to the way they communicate with buyers, and copping an attitude is definitely not the way to be. I'm glad it seems to be straightened out though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where is Miss Manners when you need her? Well, it is good that it's sorted out and I guess its good that seller isn't going to sell on ebay anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for popping over. Blimey, that was a bit of a frosty email, maybe she was stressed by it all. I have not heard of this occuring before. I'd naturally have thought it had all gone wrong. Politeness costs nothing and had she have handled that better then she could have not alienated you from considering buying form her again. Bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blimey! That's a bit of a snarky email. People are most peculiar and lots of them seem to be on eBay!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geez, what a witch with a capitol "B"!!! One can only guess she doesn't have an actual store because her lack of good "customer relations" is sorely lacking. Glad it got all squared away though & that you'll be enjoying your horse. BTW - I like your old horsies best cause you could play with them. And speaking of "tac" - I'm back in the saddle again so come on by & say howdy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the seller's reply was rude, but on the other hand, she probably couldn't have contacted you. One of my listings was removed and it was a multiple buyer auction - I lost all of the contact details of all of the buyers, including those who had paid, because Ebay removed them from my page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. True, but her auction vanished from my list due to her action, not mine. It was her responsibility to assure me what was going on, not mine to be a mind reader and do nothing.

    :)

    ReplyDelete