Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mid-Century RCA Victor Vibra Radio

I saw one of these exact radios last week. Something about it caught my attention. The grill cover design, I think. Sort of vaguely reminds me of the old Disneyland ride "Adventure Thru Inner Space" or something like that. Futuristic snowflake. Well, like I said, it's vague.

I did a quick check, and there was another auction for the same radio, THIS radio, also selling. This one was in far better condition. I let the first one slide. It sold for around $10-$12. Good sign. I was able to snag this for about $20 US. Yay!! I assume it's a tube radio? Does anyone know? I can't seem to find info on the internet.

Will go in the Pink room, my old bedroom, since that one is trending more towards early 60's and 70's stuff.

Ahhhhhh I see the seller of that black Breyer Black Stallion horse now has 6 negatives for non-communication and not sending the auction items. It used to be Paypal only reimbursed for items over $25. I think that's changed, right? Don't they reimburse the whole amount if the seller never responds to a Case, or sends anything? Looks like another bum deal. :(

No big loss, really. $11.05 total, item + s/h. But I *think* Paypal will refund 100%.

I hope your deals are going better than mine seem to go!

Happy Saturday!