Friday, September 9, 2011

Holy Smokes! Over $900 For a Doll From the 70's? 1972 Blythe Doll

This Kenner doll Blythe sold for $923. Wow! I vaguely remember this doll from back then, but why the heck are they so expensive?

Here is another one, currently at $610.

Gee, I had similar doll, in fact, Mom bought me one about this time, a hippy doll similar to this, named Scooby Doo (I believe her name was, and not, not the cartoon dog with the same name), and for some reason, I lost her, so Mom got me another to replace her about 20 years ago. But I'm sure they don't go for this kind of crazy price!

Then again, I don't see any auctions for my doll on eBay either... Maybe she is worth hundreds too!

Things that make you go "hmmm"!

Have you seen items selling for crazy high prices that you didn't expect?

Happy Friday!