Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Holiday Haul



The July 4th weekend, or any summer holiday weekend, seems to be a good time to snag a few deals on places like eBay.

I didn't get as much this July 4th, I've already got most of what I need.


But this turquoise footstool just called my name: "1950's Atoooomic Raaaaanch Laaaaady!!" lol.. Plus I have two in this exact same pattern in white and pink, so this was a good choice to add to them.





Speaking of "kitsch" and stereotypical 1950's "stuff" I've decided to add to my poodle collection. My collection consisted of...

One. A large pink stuffed poodle.

I thought this adorably kitsch, with male and female poodle calling on the phone, not to mention, I finally got my own very first vintage gravel art pictures! Whoo hoo! I guess I sort of predicted the trend a few years ago right here on my blog, that vintage gravel art would become more popular. Funny thing is, I don't have any of it... Until now. Pierre will need a pom for his tail, but I'll pick one up at the craft store. Oui!!








So, to go with the 1950's kitsch ballerina lamps, I needed a stereotypical poodle family on a gold chain. Yes, every 1950's house should have ONE poodle thing SOMEWHERE! :) And a paint by numbers. And a snow globe.... (I have yet to get those).






And I bought these lamps, strictly for the lamp shades ONLY... For the ballerina lamps, who are currently shadeless and looking very nekkid.


Were you able to snag some deals this past weekend???



A big THANK YOU to all who posted their opinion in my last post about defining your OWN 1950's style. I loved all your comments. It's funny I bought the poodles just before the anon comment about looking "too 50's" was brought up. Now I'm glad I did lol...

Happy Wednesday blogland, and all my wonderful friends. I hope you have having a fab 50's (or vintage) day yourself!!!!
.
.

22 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure I had those poodles on a chain at one point in my youth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atomic 'spidey' senses tingling - amazing 50s finds blowing my mind! The footstool is too fab but the poodles are every kind of kitsch Kool. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The footstool wasn't much of a bargain, buuut... I didn't get much else... Really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The footstool is great! I love the little shelf underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, I’m following!

    Would love you to enter my CHANEL giveaway;

    http://thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com/2011/05/chanel-giveaway-no2.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poodles!!! Welcome to the gravel art world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stool! I remember when I was younger I thought everyone wore poodle skirts and saddle shoes. LOL I know that was only a part of the fashion back then, but that's all I had in my mind when I thought about the 50s. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following back, milly!!

    Ha ha zoot, been trying to find some I like, for a price I can afford!!

    B.J. a lot of things define each era. I guess iPhones will be one of the things that define this era lol dunno what else...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the poodle family! I saw a similar one on etsy recently but it was light pink in colour!

    That footstool is fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been so busy I haven't hit any sales but I love your footstool and poodles

    ReplyDelete
  11. We definitely had a little poodle family like this one! What a flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that poodle art! I think it is poodleriffic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww love the little poodles on the chain how sweet are they ;-)) And i adore the stool i have never seen one with a shelf underneath great idea. Hope you have had a great day, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yup, the poodle art is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH GOD! That stool is something I might do bad things for. I LOVE it. Wonderful gravel art too. I have a set with two sleepy old men in sombreros and bright blankets leaning against cacti. I really love those poodles though. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. DEAR GOODNESS I love that stool!
    And the poodle pics are so sweet, So is the poodle family. I have a demon dog with puppies family.. I should post a pic of it! lol They gave the dogs.. red eyes... WHAT ON EARTH? ahahah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great footstool but I esp. like the poodles! I'm not buying for myself at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. *sigh* now you have me wanting a poodle for the Casablanca... I've always had this idea if I built a bathoom and talked myself into a PINK bathroom it would be poodle themed... but thats a little bit much for thia man! haha maybe I could find one of those plaster ones and use as a door stop?!

    ReplyDelete