Monday, July 11, 2011

Ballerinas and Poodles


Both the lampshades for the ballerina lamps, and the white poodle family arrived today, and I am thrilled!!


Shades are perfect, perfect for the lamps!




Soooo cute!! I just love my latest additions!



I was a died in the wool cat and horse lover as a kid, so why the ballerinas and poodles is beyond me. All I know is, I adore them here in the pink room!! This used to be my room as a kid, and I guess I have some idealized version of the way it used to be. If you think I am trying to recapture my youth, you are 100% correct!!

Going to change this room around again. Seems to me I have done this a few times already. But what I want to do is get my old handmade dollhouse displayed in here, but... That will take some time and work.

At any rate, I didn't want the negative post I made yesterday to linger too long, I really do love the things I find on eBay, and I'm not going to let one witch keep me from finding mid-century treasures. :)

Thanks for all your comments.

Happy Monday!!!

13 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! I like the poodles and that little poodle printed card you have there. I appreciate the poodle stuff but have yet to put it into effect in my house. Some day when the right thing comes along I'm sure I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamps look great! I'm glad you've not been put off ebay, but that certainly was a bad experience, how do they expect to keep people using the site when they act like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a dog lover and a horse rider as a kid (very much the tomboy), but I loved my pink musical jewelry box with the little twirling ballerina. I suppose we're more complex than we realize, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, the shades match the ballerina lamps quite well. Congratulations. You're so good at the mixing and matching, I noticed.

    Glad to hear you decided to remain positive despite your unfortunate ebay experience. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I just have to share this. I just posted some great mid-century mod stuff I found in a Berkeley, CA store. Do come by and check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Those things all just seem perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lamps look WoNdErOuS! And those little precious poodles look perfect!

    You better make sure to show us pics after the room change around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect additions! The poodle family are so charming! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shades ARE perfect. And the figurines - poodle-rific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the poodles, they look fabulous! I'm not a fan of ballerinas though I do like the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I am trying to re-create my childhood...or what I wish it could've been. Ballerinas and poodles were a part of that scene and so I have a few figurines. I've never seen such a cool ballerina lamp, but the lampshades I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute lamp hehehe
    im following you now

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog just plain makes me happy...which is a BIG deal tonight :)

    ReplyDelete