Monday, June 6, 2011

Mid Century Atomic Eames Ashtrays!



Thanks once again to our friend zootsuitmama, for the idea of showing photos of our ashtrays! Well, she suggested ashtrays and tablecloths, but I admit I don't have time today to pull out my tablecloths... Boo!

So a quick shot of my cool ashtrays.

The fat lava ashtray just arrived today. Hooray! (Above).







A pink ashtray on a cool wire tripod stand. Gee I have a thing for ashtrays on these tripod stands... This pink one is my favorite.






A pair of chartreuse ones I got... Still getting things done in the house, so I stuck this with my pair of 1950's black panthers...





You all have at least ONE black panther in your 50's house, don't you?? Everyone should have at least one. A poodle too.






The black and white ashtray I got from our friend Vintage Christine. When I saw it in one of her photos she showed us, at the place she goes to sell stuff (sorry Christine, I forget where!!), I knew I had to have it if she didn't sell it... And she didn't!







Oh my gosh! If I were a real 50's housewife, I'd be horrified at the dust here! I am, sort of lol... The price I pay for working so much, and while I was also working in the master bedroom, the poor living room was temporarily neglected. It gets dusty in there! This is supposed to be black, but it just looks... Dirty.



So, not many, but I sure love what I have! As always, smokers are welcome, just please smoke on the back porch, no smoking inside the 1950's Atomic Ranch House. Ashtrays inside are for looks only. :)

Please share your vintage ashtray collection, if you have one, on your blog so we can all see what YOU have! zootsuitmama says she has a prize for the person with the most ashtrays!

Happy Monday to all my blog friends!
.
.

12 comments:

  1. Wowie, you have some great ones! Thanks! I think the pink one is related to my Vegas one! How scandelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! And remember them too! Will keep an eye out for them here in Nova Scotia.
    Thanks for 'dropping by' today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blown away by these Eames-style ashtrays! The black-and-white and the brown ones are my favorites. One more for my Etsy/eBay Wish List.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ZSM!!

    Jim I'm sorry it's been so long since I dropped by your blog!!

    IDLT keep an eye out, I bid on but missed a matching pair on eBay not too long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I like them all, but I love the pink one and the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow yours are so cool Ranchie!! Very jealous here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are pure 50s fun, can just see all the hip cats and cocktail cuties... or I can imagine them, I bet you couldn't SEE them for all the smoke! Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a huMONgous orange and red atomic ashtray in my shed that I'd gladly send to you but the postage would bankrupt me! Oh, and that ashtray you got from me? You saw that at my house, which IS actually a place from which I sell stuff, ha ha! I just caught up on all your posts--looks like we're back on eBay with a vengeance, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To all of you interested in a pink atomic ash tray, here it is on eBay:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/PINK-Collectible-Vintage-Travel-Trailer-AshTray-Stand-/270754221555?_trksid=p5197.m445&_trkparms=algo%3DTOPPRO%252BPSSI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUCK%252BUA%26otn%3D14%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D483888125467073212#ht_678wt_1141

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha Christine, but I'm shopping CAREFULLY! lol...

    ReplyDelete