Monday, June 13, 2011

For The Pink Room, For The Space Room


I don't know why these captured my attention. I'm not a ballerina kind of gal. But it's one of those times I saw them, and had to have them. For the pink room, which needs a bit more '50's in it. Both "atomic" and girly. Ballerina lamps.




There are several vintage space rocket banks for sale all the time on eBay. Mostly metal, with a spring action that shoots the coin into the rocket-shaped bank. But I saw this, and once again, not exactly my usual thing, but I had to have it. Folks usually bid on the metal action banks, so this was very inexpensive. Not too "young" looking, is it? Well, I don't think so (I'm trying to keep the space room a bit "older" looking, which means passing up some cute spaceman nursery cutouts for the wall and such). 1960's - 1970's spaceman rocket coin bank.


Retail therapy? It's the only therapy I can afford! Ha ha.

Happy Monday everyone! I hope your own therapy is going well!
.
.

14 comments:

  1. The ballerina lamps are cool...kind of weird, but still cool.
    Count me in for retail therapy, too!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love those lamps! The kind of odd striped backdrop stops them looking too girly or childish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into these types of items but i have to say, they're great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It appears that you may have girls in your family? I wouldn't know anything about that... cute girlie lamps and such!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... I meant figurines. I don't collect them. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love those and have never seen anything like em! Also, the bank is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a ballerina type of girl either but I do like those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great scores! I especially love the bank. Those fun, happy pieces are my faves. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get the space kitsch but the ballerina stuff just floors me every time, even though am coming to love it, can't help asking... why?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all for the comments...

    Helen I guess it's like poodles... Too many and it's too cliche, but you still have to have at least one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen anything like those lamps before but the space man just makes me smile ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that the metal circle/diagonals give a whole new twist to the ballerina lamps.

    ReplyDelete