Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cool and Easy Eames Mid Century Artwork To Make



Wow, has it been 10 days since I last blogged here?

I get real OCD about my work sometimes. And sometimes I get OCD when things are also busy for me, such has been the case lately.

Pffft, but who cares about that, right?


I've been collecting images of mid century 1950's artworks with the idea in mind to recreate some of these myself for My walls.

I saw this on on eBay a few days ago, and loved it for the simple design and image. I painted a sort of similar artwork like this before. City buildings.

So this one was cool enough to add to my artworks link, located on the right of my blog.

A simple enough design, that anyone could reproduce this, or one much like it.

This one sold for $56, a fair price, but I'd rather make a bigger one, in colors that match the room.

You could too! Using construction paper, acrylic paints or whatever you wanted.

No need to pay mid century prices when you can make your own!


I hope all my good blog friends are doing well, I haven't had time to go around to your blogs, but I'll be coming up for air soon. Meanwhile, have a creative day and make your own original 1950's artworks!
.
.

12 comments:

  1. YES IT'S BEEN 10 DAYS!! where have you been??
    lol j/k

    Making your own is a perfect idea. I plan to make a few pics myself in the future. I have a abundance of acrylic paints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very cool picture! Sometimes we artsy folks forget that many people don't think they can make art, but I'm convinced they're selling themselves short. You're absolutely right that anyone with a canvas, a ruler and some paint could reproduce this and have an amazing piece of their very own art for their home.

    Get all your work done and rejoin the blogworld. We miss you...and work is highly overrated (I say as I am about to start a huge project myself).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up some mcm for my walls...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330574907812&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utah Oilfield TrashJune 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM

    I like that! I'm off to the Oregon coast in a couple weeks and I may have to try to make something like this using the Portland skyline!
    It's busy here too--I treated myself to a new easel a couple weeks ago and it still sits in the dog's bedroom unused! I will find time for me...I will find time for me...I will MAKE time for me...
    I hope you're nearing a vacation as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this, it reminds me of something that would be in a New York dentists office back in the 60's. I really like that minimal illustrations style. It reminds me of I line I read in an art book once that has always stuck with me: The economy of line. A little design can go a long way! I hope you do make your own and share them with us. In the meantime, don't work too hard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I'd been wondering where you were!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its lovely. Have a lovely day, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture is quite lovely! I could totally make that! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, but you're right not hard to make yourself! Can't wait to see your version

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to have you back among the blogging! The pic is perfect, at first glance thought it was one of those made from itty bitty colored rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! 10 days? I just realized I hadn't posted since June the freakin' 7th! I think about you whenever I'm cruising eBay and see the words "Eames" or "mid-century"--the other day I saw a piece of costume jewelry described as "Eames era" but it really didn't look "Eamesy", just horribly expensive. But then "horribly expensive" usually accompanies "Eames", doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love that art!! Wish I saw it on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete