Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day


After 12 years of waiting, Mom finally gets pregnant with my late brother. She was so happy!

This is her on the front porch of our house, the one I am renovating, holding my baby brother, shielded from the bright sun.

Not sure why all the scuffs showed up on this photo, it was taken on an overcast morning (this morning!)




My Mom and her Mom. Mom pregnant with my late brother, she brought her Mom out from the east coast for a visit. I think they are at Newport Beach CA in this photo.

Mom always wanted 6 children. She loved kids! Alas she only had us 3, but she was so happy to have us.

Happy Mothers Day Mom, I miss you!
.
.

8 comments:

  1. aww what a lovely post and such lovely memories. I love the fact that your doing up your mother's late home she sounds like a wonderful lady, have a lovely week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful memories...
    Beautiful Post!

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, you're lucky to have them, I have none.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I love your mom's shoes in the last pic!
    Have a great week!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. A self-indulgent post for me on Mothers day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not self indulgent at all - its just good manners to introduce your mom to all your friends! I love the idea of honoring our moms in blogs (like your mom mine wanted many children and ended up with 3) and your photos are such fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, yay to all the moms in the world!

    ReplyDelete