Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chenille Blankets for the Master Bedroom



Yes! Score! In perfect colors, a pair of chenille blankies for the master bedroom. Won these last night on eBay. Solid colors, I don't think chenille ever came in "atomic" designs.

It was only a month ago that I realized making the walls and accessories ALL pink, was too much. The original color of the room has always been pink.

Then I remembered the curtains I'd bought for the room, months ago, had blue in them (well, more gray blue than turquoise, but you can't win them all).



So I had to gather all my blue things along with the pink to put in there, and I have very few blue things. So I needed a blue/turquoise cover for the bed.


I keep meaning to get out some blank canvasses and try my hand at a few 50's style abstract paintings for the master bedroom and living room. I'm not much of an abstract artist, more of a ultra-realistic artist, but I'll give it a go.

I envy those of you whose homes are already decorated!

Did you try to stick to certain color schemes? It's harder than it seems when you are buying a lot of these things!



Happy Thursday, I was thinking of doing a post on all my lamps, and inviting others to show theirs off too. What do you think? I know some of you have done posts on your lamps and I love looking at them. We love our vintage lamps, don't we?!
.
.

15 comments:

  1. The blankets seem so fresh and summery. Summery...is that even a word?? It is now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cool colors...:loved the score

    ReplyDelete
  3. great score as usual! I have always decorated organically as in built it up as I've gone along with some basic colour ideas or started from curtains or an item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting a chenille bedspread for forever but we recently got a kingsize bed and I can't even begin to imagine what that size chenille would cost. Hell, I could barely afford a new set of sheets for it! Would love to see your lamps as you recently saw mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like trying to match curtains to a color scheme is far harder than buying curtains and buying things to match that.

    Months turning into years and I am still looking for curtains for the space-theme room.

    Christine, basic chenille on eBay isn't bad. Now try to buy Cabin Craft brand or the more intricate patterns and they still sell for a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blankets. I just designed my house around the furniture i started to collect and then the fabrics just started to fit in to really. I would love to see your retro lamps i sadly don't have any well only one but its not what i call retro. Lampshades i have many vintage ones. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Post your lamps! Those bedspreads are so pretty! I buy all of them at the thrifts, because it doesn't take long for the dogs to do their damage to them..My house is always in the decorating process, when I find something cool I have to change stuff around it! My Mom says, "You wear yourself out!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours of the blankets :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember waking up as a child after a nap on my grandmother's bed and having the indentations from her chenille bedspread on my cheek. Your posts always bring back the best memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dee seems like I have an idea for a room, but finding matching stuff is so challenging!

    Zoot I believe in LIVING in my house too, so things like chenille blankets will have my buddy Chris the cat sleeping on them and such. It's not like there is a shortage of chenille! Best to buy an extra or two. =)

    OK, will do a lamp post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooOoO lovely blankets! The colors make me think of Cotton Candy *MmM* =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww that's sweet, Dana. =)

    I hope the pink one doesn't have what looks like a bleached out area, didn't say so in the ad. BUT they were affordable, and the pink one will be folded up at the foot of the bed, so I'm not looking for perfection....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love the blue. And chenille is so adorable in any color. I'm always on the lookout for a peacock chenille bedspread at a good price. Apparently half the universe wants one and also has more funding than me. Sigh.
    But I feel your pain on trying to figure out color schemes. At least you have your wonderful artistic eye! I hope you do some paintings, too; it would be fun to see!

    ReplyDelete