Thursday, April 28, 2011

Small Pleasures


I have not been around to all your blogs the past few days. My apologies!

Work has been causing me stress lately. Ahh but all of us who work have stress. Who wants to hear that! Boo! lol...

So I thought I'd take a few photos of a few of my favorites little things.

The little chenille cat has seen better days. I played with her as a little girl. She sits atop some small old books, which are no bigger than the palm of your hand. Love those little books!






The little vintage strawberry tea set Mom and I got in Julian CA about 20 years ago. Isn't it sweet?







I'm also 3/4 of the way done painting the master bedroom. Yay! But how boring to show that, so instead, a couple small cloth rag dolls Mom made. Love the jickity embroidery faces. Moms hand shook pretty badly, but that didn't stop her.






The mini perfume collection Mom and I amassed. Most of it. The older one's are in the other room.






And some photos of My lovely Mom when she was a girl.


Show us photos of some of your favorite small things, and remember, it's the little pleasures in life that bring us joy!

Happy Thursday to one and all.
.
.

12 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I'm going to do this as well! :) I love all your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that weeny little cat!! and the perfume bottle collection is awesome, I'd love to have that many in my shop but they are so hard to get now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cute little kitty at the top! And the perfume bottles are pretty also! It's funny how the simplest things can make you feel better just by looking at them. (My Lucille Ball personal check does it for me every time!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your photos are precious. It's so special to have the dolls your Mom made and the times you have spent thrifting / collecting together. Your kitty is priceless. Does Roxanne get to hold her? I would have to agree that your Mom is a lovely lady and is lucky to have such a wonderful daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little kitty is so sweet. And the photos of your mom, of course they make you smile and lift some of that stress. Hope things quiet down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true, it is the little things. I have a lot of respect for you because of the way you talk about your Mom. I can tell you were really close. I will try to dig up some of my little treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a lot of Moms things in that room, but yeah, I do miss her lots...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss you when you don't post (and who am I to talk?!), since I love reading how you loved your parents so much. You and I share something, Miz D--we adored the ones who made us, and I know I'm lucky beyond words to still have my Dad. Just remember that he's made it this far due to an amazingly positive attitude, which will help him in the days to come since now there's talk of having to amputate his remaining leg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom used to have a glass parfume tray with assorted pretty bottles. Next to it, was a crystal heart-shaped jewelry box full of pearls, and brooches, and all sorts of pretty little things for a girl to try on. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aint it the truth, the small things in life have the biggest heart! I love your lil' kitten she is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, being a guy, you'd think I didn't have anything for this challenge, but you would be wrong. I'll post mine up as soon as I can, great idea!

    ReplyDelete