Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oh Gee, Don't You Hate Missing An Auction?



It's a real challenge finding curtains for the Space room. Two windows, one small, one medium. In the colors I want, in a style I want, for an affordable price.

I had my eye on these, but alas, I was dealing with a business client, and the auction ends just as I'm hanging up the phone.

Arg!

Ending price for two sets of curtains in the right size, style, colors and price was $12. $12!! I'm kicking myself.

The price one pays for being an entrepreneur. Sigh.



So, here I sit on the west coast. All kinds of conflicting info is going around about the threat of radioactive fallout from Japan.

Sales for Geiger counters is way up. I've posted about those before when I was tempted to buy some 1950's Cold War surplus.

But, it's hard to know what the real danger is, and as frightening as this is, I imagine this is what it felt like to be under nuclear threat back in the 50's. It wasn't all Betty Crocker and Leave It To Beaver!

Hope all my blog friends are doing well today!
.
.