Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mid-Century Eames 1950's Floor Lamp

My newest baby!

After careful consideration, and a long time browsing, (oh, been looking about two years or so), I was able to score the freakin' awesome 1950's floor lamp in the colors I wanted, at a price I liked.

I know people prefer the floor to ceiling tension pole lamps. We used to have one when I was a kid.

By the way, we also had a matching tension pole set of shelves. I've never seen or heard of another. Have you?

At any rate, I carefully considered the pros and cons of the tension pole lamp, and went with the floor lamp.

There's no issue with it "working right", (meaning, it being able to be tight enough against the floor and ceiling), it can be easily moved, and it won't mess up any spots on the ceiling! And in my area, in case of a moderate earthquake, it stands a better chance of standing.

Fingers crossed the eBay gods will get it here in great shape, and that it's as advertised!!

The last set of killer triple tiered blond end tables I got?

Well, one back leg is an inch short! Really short! How the heck did that happen!?

Because they assemble in many pieces, I think if I reassemble it switching out the "legs" between each layer, eventually it will "right" itself, but jeepers, it seems every item I get has an issue!

But I'm happy to report, the big lamps I got for the master bedroom are fantastic! Big lamps is just what it needed. I almost settled on small table lamps.

I hope all your buying experiences are working out for you!

Happy Tuesday!