Monday, February 28, 2011

I Am Painting Shelves Zzzzzz The Boring Part of Home Renovation



Oh sure, I want this he-man to PLEASE come paint my shelves for me!

Photo unceremoniously ripped off from the internet because the cat just can't seem to hold the camera and click the shutter button at the same time and take a photo of me painting.


You can see he is trying real hard here to take my photo... (I assure you, that's not a yellow area in his fur, but a spot on the lense!).



The drudgery part of home renovating, is, well, dull!! And hard work.

I can't tell you how much "stuff" I had to move, to get those shelves moved into another bedroom. And all that "stuff" has to sit there, mocking me, until I can get the shelves painted.

My old lady hands don't like holding a heavy paint roller!

And those furniture glide dealies in my last post?

It was more like: push shelf 1 foot, scoot one loose pad back under corner of shelves with toe, move, scoot loose pad, move, and there I did the dance until both shelves were in the proper room. I was NOT smiling like the woman on the package!

But I have some Carlo of Hollywood frames to show you next post, that our blogging friend starduster58 both made himself, and owns! I'm trying to get him to start his own blog so we can see all his cool 50's stuff!!

starduster58, if you are reading this, click HERE is a tutorial on how to start your blog, it's so easy, the hard part is signing up, and you've already done that!

Happy Monday! How is everyone doing?
.
.

19 comments:

  1. I knwo how you feel about painting! Haha Im working like Crazy on the set for "Tom Sawyer" and its been 95% painting and paint effects! But its at the point where its all starting to be worth it! Will post later this week, hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Mick, well, you are young and virile, and I am old lolllll paint now while you have the energy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ranchie, I'm hearin' ya big time!!! I've had a months break from painting so I'm ok with it now, you may remember me posting about how sick of it I was just before we went into the shop. And its so much more boring doing it by yourself, we are both in the same boat there.

    Just an idea for your blog as I know you were feeling stuck for ideas just recently, how about posting about old movies?? I too am a movie lover and would like to know about more old movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes Kitty, I thought about you and all the hard work you've been doing!

    Oooo I've watched thousands of movies... I watch a new/different one every day! That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old movies! I've been trying to find this movie I remember as a teenager; Van Heflin, some blonde; gangsters; he did his coin trick; at the end he says to the blonde, "Baby you're my lucky charm" or something like that. I'm starting to think I just imagined it, or I cobbled it together from different movies. Anyone know if such a movie exists, or if I have, in fact; lost my mind?!

    I actually LOVE painting, I do it so much that my husband refuses to help me; just moves the furniture and gets out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to clarify; this imaginary movie didn't COME OUT when I was a teenager, of course not; Van Heflin was long gone by the 90's....just so no one becomes more convinced than ever that the scenario that I imagined an entire movie plot is the most plausible....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just try to keep in mind how completely worth it all this will be in the end. :-) Happy renovating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you know why, when I post stuff on the walls, that there are a million holes and the walls need painting. It's not that I hate painting, it's just that moving and taping and all that junk! I am gonna have to do it soon, though! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I love painting... well maybe not the job of painting walls... but I love the end results....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean, I hate the doing but I love the result!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brandi I once saw an old movie, and for years could not find out what it was!

    Then someone on a chat board actually found the movie title, and I've lost that post! ARG!


    Once work is done, you forget how you wanted to gouge your eyes out while doing it lol

    But there's a reason it took me 6 weeks to finish the living room (and at that I still have places I should touch up)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post made me laugh! Your cat is cute, and in typical cat fashion, he doesn't seem bothered at all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear the gliders did not work so well for you...hmm. For my anniversary my husband built shelves for my sewing studio, which I Love but now need to paint..a difficult thing to find time to do in ones sewing studio :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That movie was The Strange Love of Martha Ivers from 1946 and Miss Barbara Stanwyck was one evil bee-atch. Van Heflin was quirky but cool. I applaud your efforts Miz Ranchie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My old hands and back don't hold up like they used to either, so I feel your pain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My home has plaster walls that had been re-plastered before I moved in. So I put the first coat of paint on. Doing the trim took forever as the walls were so rough it felt like they were trying to yank the paint brush out of my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate painting...when my wife says this room will look so much better with this color or that color...I run for the hills; but I still end up painting.

    ReplyDelete