Monday, February 7, 2011

The GJB Fan Club - Vintage Christine



This is SO adorable! Vintage Christine started a fan club for her wonderful father George, and she sent out little lockets with his photo, wrapped up in sweet paper, placed in a decorated match box!

Christine, it was soooo charming to get your little package, and what a wonderful Daughter you are to your Dad!

Christine! Have you told us a few things about your Dad, so when we write to him, we know a bit about him? Was he in the service? What kind of work did he do? His hobbies past and present? Music he likes?

She invited us to drop him a letter, and I want to do so, and be able to mention some of the things he likes.

I already know what to send him, but I'd love to hear a bit more about him. If I have missed a blog post where you answered all this, please forgive me, I don't recall.

Shoot me an email if you'd rather answer there!

He reminds me so much of my Dad in his later years. I'll have to dig out a photo of my Dad with his white beard too. =)
.
.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember reading about her father! He has an incredible spirit - very deserving of a fan-club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww what a sweet idea, enjoy it ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your thank you! I sent you an email with info about Dad and he will be so happy to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ITS TOO CUTE!! I got mine yesterday! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete