Sunday, January 16, 2011

1950's Storage Chair and Footstool Bench



I've been looking for a matching pair of desk/vanity chairs for the master bedroom for a long time.

I gave up, because the vanity is set in the wall so low, I knew I'd need a bench and not a chair.



The desk is also set low to the ground (A Drexel Wormley, I believe, as is the matching chest of drawers).

The chair I bought for the desk? I've never been happy with it. A center nut and screw never screwed back in when I reassembled it, it was so rusted so badly, which makes it unstable.



It's as hard as a church pew, and the color is a bit too vintage-looking for the room.

So I finally settled on this storage chair/footstool combo. Not exactly matching... Fingers crossed they will work out. The prices were right, so if not, I won't feel as though I was cheated!.


Happy Sunday. I hope everyone is doing well!
.
.

15 comments:

  1. We've got that same storage chair (sewing chair?) in our bedroom. I like the hinged lid, we tend to keep electrical chargers for gadgets in it. I like stuff that does double duty like this. I think these are OK in the same room, maybe not side by side, but they may work like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! I love that last chair, too! zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that "pair" does work out for you! They look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. grrr I couldn't comment for a minute there!

    I love that top one, I - like Uncle Atom - like double duty furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you got that on ebay? I was going to bid but I have 2 sewing chairs and couldn't justify another... I love furniture where storage can be hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!! Love both the storage chairs;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! on eBay lol... I like the storage as well.

    They will be separate, one quite far away from the other (as far as one can be in a modest master bedroom at any rate), in the little built-in vanity between the closet and the bathroom, so hopefully matching enough. I might have to recover the chair in pure white vinyl...

    ReplyDelete
  8. storage chairs- just a fab idea!! I love every single item pictured though! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them both to the yellow one has to be my favourite and so 50's ;-) Storage chairs are such a great idea. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Storage chairs are really handy, but that second one looks really uncomfortable with that low back! Cute, but it'd no doubt ruin my posture :/ I suppose it's too much to ask for vintage and ergonomic in the same item...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's for a low MCM desk, one I rarely use, so I won't be sitting in it much ;) The yellowish chair is so hard, sitting for 3 minutes is a pain lol this can't be worse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.135237644.jpg

    Hope you've got a set of these !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the RhinoHyde on the chair. I have the same vinyl on one of my footstools. But, the ability to "hide" all the modern stuff in the storage bench is a useful option.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the first one is just like the stool that came with my moms sewing machine cabinet in the late 60s

    ReplyDelete