Monday, January 24, 2011

1950's Sputnik Starburst Vases or Candle Holders

I've seen these quite often on eBay, and I couldn't resist this pair for under $10. Seller claims they are pink, but we'll see when they arrive.

These were also described as 6" tall and 1 & 1/2" openings. The openings are bigger, I'm sure.

At any rate, I will burn little votive candles in them as I adore having candles burning. I like to be safe, so don't use any candles unless they are set down inside protective glass containers.

Mom used to have a few candles in this glass shape, a red glass with a sort of netting pulled over the glass. You know, like the plastic netting they still use for bags of onions and such at the grocery store?

They were very common in restaurants and such back in the 50's-70's or so. Does anyone remember?

I haven't specifically searched for those, and places that sell tiki stuff might carry them, but I have not seen any for sale in all my vintage and mid-century searches.

A quick google search didn't bring any up either.

If you know what I am talking about, and have seen them, let me know!!

Happy Monday, how is everyone doing?