Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve - Eve!



Happy New Year, all you wonderful people!

Mom got this about 25 years ago. She'd seen the same decoration at a place where she worked and wanted one just like it.

It's an over-sized champagne glass filled with iridescent gift packing stuff (what the heck is it called? Looks like rainbow colored plastic straw I guess lol), then she bought these Christmas ornaments that look like bubbles, champagne bubbles! Arrange and wha-la, looks like a giant champagne glass, bubbling over with champagne! Instant New Year decoration!



It's so easy to set up and take down. This is what I love, decorating done easy.



OK, so I ripped this off from last year's post, because I have yet to take the box with the New Year decoration out yet! *blush*

But I have been, as ever, crazy busy with work.


At any rate, thanks for letting me vent a few times throughout these past couple weeks. I guess this wasn't the "best" holiday season for me, but it sure helped to be able to say it, and hear that a lot of you also find this season... A challenge.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Happy Thursday!
.
.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so cool. Enjoy your New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that decoration!! Now I want to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vent constantly. You, not so much. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol not so sure about that, Barbara...


    You too, Ally!

    It's so simple but cool, LV =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're Mom must have been decorating every holiday! Did your family have a tradition for the New Year? We didn't do much, except it bacame our tradition to watch the "Thin Man" movie of Nick and Nora having to solve a murder on New Year's Eve.

    Happy Eve's Eve to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice decorations, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need more New Years decor! I know, that will be my resolution, I resolve to get more New Years decor in the New Year! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  8. SC: yes! Mom made it a point to decorate for every holiday, even St Patricks Day. I love that she bothered, it made a difference, even though we rarely did anything "special".

    For New Year, well, the folks were already having their health problems, so we stayed home and celebrated with a little sparkling cider and maybe a good dinner.

    But, it was special because it was family. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Toyin!

    ZSM, I have a little something for every holiday... If I can get things out each time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh we don't even do NYE decorating in the UK, but then I guess you guys decorate for far many holidays than we do.

    My family always celebrating NYE more as my mum is Scottish and it's a big deal in Scotland.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I THOUGHT I'd seen that photo before! So that means we've been bloggy friends for a year. Woo hoo!!!! It has been my great pleasure to have you for a buddy and I just wanted to let you know that. I think we might have been sisters (or brothers. Or littermates. Or whatever) in another life! Happy New Year to you, my dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so clever. I might have to "borrow" this idea for centrepieces when my company plans a NYE party next year (too late for this years decor). I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is way cool! I love this idea!
    Happy New Year to you, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete