Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cute Way To Display Vintage Ornaments



I had this same idea years ago and bought some wreath rings to glue things onto. Then life came along and I got distracted. Never did it.

But Mom had this huge miniature Christmas village, and we'd planned on doing something like this. Otherwise, her village never got displayed because it took too long to pack and unpack. (And she had so much else to unpack and display).

If glued to a wreath, you just whip it out and hang!

But... Only if you don't mind attaching ornaments or things to a wreath ring, it's an adorable idea. I'm not sure I would do this, except with the boxes and boxes of vintage blue ornaments I wound up with somehow.

Then again, I don't think Mom would care if I glued Christmas village stuff to wreath rings... (She's gone, now). It still does not get displayed, I don't have what it takes to unpack it all.





I hope all my blogger friends are doing well. The rain stopped here in southern California and it's beautiful.




A bit tense over that relative deal mentioned a couple posts ago, as he is now in town. I hope he found other accommodations and doesn't try to make a scene. It's too depressing to spell out, you don't want to hear the details, but I will be feeling better in a few days when I am sure he left town again.

I hope your holidays are going a bit better than mine.

Meanwhile, I appreciate reading all of your cheerful blogs!!
.
.

12 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I really wanted to do a vintage tree this year but I was worried about how my little one would handle fragile, expensive old ornaments. This is a really fun option to try out, while keeping breakables out of the hands of visiting (or your own) children. Thanks so much for the lovely idea! I hope your Christmas goes smoothly!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try something like this next year, very colorful and chic to have just a BURST of 60's Christmas. Wish I hadn't already run out of energy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is the best wreath I have ever seen! I want...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have always wanted to make one of these, but like you, havent. I thought of using broken things and arranging them so I can cover them up - and this year thought of having an after Christmas party to make wreaths, etc. before taking everything down and putting it away. Good luck with your relative. Zoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using the damaged or broken things. Great idea ZSM! Great way to display and hide the flaws!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you know you can always come visit my blog and feel better immediately . . . Hugs to you and Merry Xmas (again). Glad to hear the winter monsoon has ended out there! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a great idea, especially what Zootsuitmama said about using the broken ones because I have a phobia about messing up something perfectly beautiful forever with glue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and Merry Christmas! Hope its a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the village stuff would be wonderful on a wreath. Be sure and show us if you do it.

    Hang in there with the relative thing and don't let it ruin your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete