Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning Merry Christmas from 1950's Atomic Ranch House!

NOT my photo, but what fun on Christmas morning!

I remember as a kid being so excited about Christmas morning. The thrill of seeing that yes, Santa had indeed come, despite my brothers and their bad behavior.

Missing my family a bit again this year... It's got to get easier, right?

And I am discovering that while it's never the same without the ones you love, after enough time, you aren't quite as sad. The pain eases just a bit, I suspect it will ease a bit more in time. You make a sort of new "normal" on these days, and for me, working all the time helps.

I will pack away the tinsel tree, and Santas and such, and bring out the big champagne glass Mom got as a decoration. I'll take photos of that, it's really a wonderful New Year display. And while this was the first year I bothered to decorate since the family is gone, it didn't quite make me feel full of joy... But I was glad I did it anyways.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. And for those who are missing loved one's this season, know you are not alone, and my heart goes out to you.