Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Atomic 1950's Space Age Lamp



About 8 months ago, a pair of these in dark green came up for sale on eBay, with a Buy It Now of $38.

They had just been listed, so I put them in my watch list to think about it. they had no shades, but I loved the shape, yet the color didn't thrill me.

But I thought they would be perfect for my space themed office. Great design.

Well, practical me, while I was thinking about it, someone swooped in and snagged them!

So when this single one came up, in black, with a shade (I love these mellowed, burnt sienna colored fiberglass shades. The color they put out is amazing!), I had to have it!

Carlo of Hollywood frames be damned lol, it still pays to hold out for the things you really want, at prices that don't break the bank!


My blond 1950's table and night stands arrived in a big heavy box yesterday. I will open it up today, fingers crossed they are as good as I hoped!!

Happy Wednesday friends of blogland!!
.
.