Thursday, October 14, 2010

Looking For A Mid-Century Movie Location in the Mid-Atlantic Area

I got this comment on one of my older posts. Have no idea if it's legit or what, but thought I'd pass it on, if anyone is interested in this. Because it was posted publicly, I am including all the info. I googled, but do not come up with any info on this person or this project, so do NOT give them any personal info until and unless you are comfortable knowing who they are, if you choose to contact them.

Please note, I do NOT know who this is, the comment was left "anonymous" and in no way endorse it or can verify it nor do I have any connection with them, nor assume any responsibility for passing this info on should you choose to act on it. =)


My name is Kristen Mosca, presently I’m working on a the pre-production of a film using some of the last rolls of old Kodachrome stock. In case you don’t already know, this pioneer color film stock was first introduced in 1935, and captured the memories of American families for decades (some of the greatest decades of American history). Kodak officially discontinued its production last year and now the last place on earth still processing the film has announced that it will no longer continue the labor-intensive and costly development. The official “time of death” for Kodachrome is planned for December 30th 2010, so we’re operating on an extremely tight schedule.

In a tribute to the history of the consumer marketed color film we’ve written part of the movie as a period 1960’s family Christmas story. We’re contacting you for your expert opinion, hoping that you may have some insight on where to locate a time capsule of 1950’s-1960’s décor and architecture. We would like to stay in the mid-Atlantic area, however are open to finding the right location.

Let me know if you can point me in the right direction…I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you so much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Kristen Mosca
514. 699. 7081
kodachrome.thefilm@hotmail.com



I hope everyone is doing good these days!

I have been super busy with work. These days, you have to work hard to earn a living grrrr...
.
.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting... Hmmm, it seems safe enough, as she's seeking a place to find mid century loot. And, well... Miss A, you are the consummate expert.

    Yes... must make a living, as humble and tiring as mine seems to be.

    I hope you and your fur family are well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempting indeed! For someone who would qualify and have the house they want. Now, back to work for you!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I DID go back to work! I hope the bulk of my latest work is done, and hope to have a tiny bit of free time the next few days or so.

    Hiya Darlene, sooo good to see you! Dunno about Chris, has some ongoing issues, but. . . I love him and my other kitty as much as possible, all we can do.

    Hope all is well with you and yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. Made me think of a great interview I read a few months back with the prop master for Mad Men. http://bit.ly/1e3JZ Might be of interest to folks.

    ReplyDelete