Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Just a reminder, for my U.S. friends that this childhood classic comes on tonight, 8:00 p.m. (your time zone).

I remember looking forward to watching this every year. Mom used to let us go to our babysitters house to watch it... In color !!! Yes, we had a black and white TV when I was a kid. I think we had black and white TV until I was 14. Ha ha. We didn't get a push button phone or microwave or VCR until about a decade after every one else did. Dad was... Thrifty. Love ya, Dad!

Being the creative kid I was, I used to make drawings of this show I loved it so much. But anything Halloween related used to thrill me!

Seems to me I watched this full program on youtube last year, but they have been taking down a lot of shows and songs due to copyright issues. Bah. But it can be bought on DVD.

Did you watch this when you were a kid? And how many of you remember the big sponsor at the time was Dolly Madison?

Happy Thursday to all my good blog friends!