Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy October!!



Are any of you lucky enough to have vintage or mid-century Halloween decorations?

As much as I wish I did, these photos are NOT of my decorations.

I have complained before, about how much I adore Halloween, but it seems everyone else does too, so buying vintage Halloween stuff on a budget is like trying to shop Tiffany's with coupons lol.




However, I do have a lot of "modern vintage" stashed in my closet, and I'm happy enough with it. Still striving to get the living room pulled together in time to decorate for Halloween (and before it's Thanksgiving!) but work just keeps kicking my ass all over town ha ha. In this economy, it seems we have to work three times as hard, and there are no guarantees, are there?


At any rate, I am so happy it's October, it's cloudy and cool here lately, and I hope you all are decorating for Halloween too. If you have already, please share photos on your blog, and post a link here so we can check out what you have. Our friend zootsuitmama is already done decorating!


Happy Saturday, where every day is Monday at 1950's Atomic Ranch House lol...

10 comments:

  1. I only have one mid century Halloween decoration and that is the jack-o-lantern and cat light, I will be taking down my 1940's GE ossilating fan that is on my 1936 farm house radio and replacing it with my jack-o-lantern light today however it has been very mild and almost down right warm I do not think I will be needing the fan anymore this year. The only other decorations I have for this season are my paper mache' day of the dead skelletons (which are out already) and I also have a string of multi colored crepe paper skelletons that I need to hang up soon too. I do love halloween so much and I am with on loving the vintage halloween decorations and would to love to have a house full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! I meant to say I am with you on loving the vintage halloween decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Halloween was celebrated more over here. I think I might decorate for it this year even though I never get any trick or treaters in my flat. It'll be just for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love buying my girls cute Halloween shirts and pjs so you'll see pics of that in my blog probably. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work in an Antique Mall and that stuff is like gold. I can never get my hands on mid-century Halloween decorations quick enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Modern or vintage, I like the classic nostalgia of the orange and black! Cain't wait to see everyone's stuff! zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me see if I have some vintage Halloween posters for you...I might but I need My Paul to get those darn decoration boxes down. Third weekend to ask lets see if he will do it! :) LOVE your blog, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting excited for Halloween too! I really would love some vintage decorations, but they all seem to be in America. I don't think they'd get over to Britain in time.

    http://littleowlski.wordpress.com/2009/10/29/all-hallows-eve/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your analogy about going to Tiffany's and buying something using coupons. You know where I stand on this...

    I would love to see what you've done with your place for Halloween. I'll bet you have your place looking like a catalog from the day.

    Hello Miss A. I am always thinking of you and your fur babies...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be hunting in the attic this weekend to bring mine down. I love to decorate with vignettes, both old and new stuff. It's fun to mix it up. But, I do love the innocent, kitschy fun of vintage Halloween art. It's not easily replicated and has it's own feel.

    ReplyDelete