Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Beautiful Rainy Day - And Thank You Vintage Christine!!!



Hello all my good friends!

Oh Christine, I got my wonderful vase yesterday and I was so thrilled!

I am going to grab the image off your blog because I seem to be having digital cameras issues:


Oh gee, I just LOVE it and it looks fantastic in the master bedroom next to my mid-century sculpture couple made out of white plaster or whatever they are. Thank you SO much!!



I've been doing more boring stuff in my house. Moving things from one room into another. No where near as much fun as buying vintage goodies!

Work continues to be a huge pain. I brokered a big deal and now the client is messing around with the money part: in limbo for at least 90 days arg...



But it's a lovely rainy day, I got my little room heater out for the first time all summer, and while I am exhausted, I am happy enough. You have to find little smiles throughout your day. For me, it's watching my cats play, or the returning Western Scrub Jays in my trees, or catching the sunset or watching a good movie.

I hope you are taking time to find smiles in your day, no matter how stressful!
.
.

11 comments:

  1. We don't usually get Fall-like weather in North Central Florida. All this week I have felt blessed - we've had 55 degree temps in the mornings, 79 as the high, and back down in the 50s at night. My kitties have more energy. I have more energy. It has been lovely.

    I love walking to my office and feeling the cool breeze on my cheeks and having a cardi to wear. It's just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's watching my dog Sophie wanting to play in the back yard! Yes it helps us get through the toughest days.
    Too bad you don't have 'Atomic Living's' email or phone. Hope all is well.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vase! Sorry to hear you're so busy, work is a pain, if only we were all rich and could just buy things and make ourselves and our houses look lovely eh?

    Hope Space Commander is ok, it's hard isn't it cos the first thing that goes when stuff is hard, busy or stressful is our blogs and then that worries all the regulars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, Fall is almost nonexistent here in southern CA too, so cool weather is special.

    I heard from Space Commander!! So I edited my post. I didn't want to worry anyone else with my worry wart ways lol!! So glad he's OK. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your client! I hate a cash flow clog more than anything just about.

    Happy you acquired and love your vase though.
    NICE.
    EC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rainy day photo! Love the rain and wwe are expecting it here. It's nice that Summer is gone after two exhausting months. I am continuing gardening, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lucky you, it's already getting stinking hot here, it's 30 degrees under the fan, but yes thank you I AM smiling a bit today, finally, as my work pressure has temporarily eased off. Have a great day Mz. Ranchie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got the rain too! It was nice, for a change. It really ushered in the fall in my opinion, but today is sunny...go figure, CA weather is so strange!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just want you to know that I enjoy your blog so much that I have nominated your blog for an award: http://artdecogirls.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-lovely-blog-award-from-kate.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Brooksie!!

    And thank you all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sooooo trying to catch up on reading my fav blogs and sorry it's taken me three days to say "You're welcome". It seems like alot of us "older" bloggers are slowly down a bit in the posting area and I wonder why. I know I'm not posting nearly as much but a big reason is that condo, plus now I'm trying to get organized for a street fair. It's still hot down here in MS but at least it's cooling off at night--hopefully we'll start getting really cool weather soon, though, so our power bills will stop being so high. Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete