Sunday, September 5, 2010

1950's Geometric Eames Atomic Clock



Sweet clock! Love the style, but the colors... Not my thing.



I imagine it would be easy enough to make something like this. I may give it a try one day.

It can be yours CLICK HERE. Currently $137.50, too rich for my taste.


I passed up a nice 1950's reddish slipper chair. I'm so afraid to get another musty problem.

Besides, I really want a couch. It can't stink, it's got to have the style of the 1950's, it has to be black, and it has to be something I can actually afford, AND it has to be delivered. I don't think I will ever find one.

Maybe if I buy new, which I just might do, as long as it's not make like a piece of junk. I see quite a few reviews on new furniture, couches in particular, that have the right style, color and price, but people who bought them seem to claim they are shoddy.

Hmmm.




WHOO HOO! My statues and Sputnik ornaments arrived yesterday and I love them!!



MmmmHmmmm the Mr sure does like checking out the Mz. Looks like he's making eyes at her. Think there may be sculpture babies in their future? Little Eames running amok all over my 1950's Atomic Ranch House?

Oops too dark in the living room to photograph the ornaments, ah well, scroll down to prior posts if you want to check them out, I've already posted them.

The seller jinglekell is a dream, check out her current auctions HERE. After so many blah purchases, it's really nice to have great experiences!


Have you found any great deals or anything fantastic lately? I think I have the end of summer blahs, excited to know Fall is almost here.

I have been reading all your blogs, but didn't get to reply to a few of them the last couple days. Work is kicking my ass again, and some mornings I am too incoherent to speak!

Happy Sunday!
.
.

8 comments:

  1. I love your finds and DO kind of hope that you soon hear the pitter patter of little Eames around the house! Keep the faith on the couch. We looked for an entire year and had completely given up hope and then Kapow! our dream couch. : ) I know that yours is out there.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eartha lol... Yeah, this is something I have to be patient about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clock, but the color choice is strange? The yellow and gold panels kill it, they should have been painted some color that complements what appears to be pink or a light red? my two cents any ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. The colors are true to the period, but meh, not my taste in period colors. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, not sure about the colors myself but if you already had the colors in your decor it may go nicely. :)

    I myself am still determined to get a sunburst clock...something very simple. I wish I had a brick fireplace because that's where I would hang it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the clock but thought exactly the same as you, that would be easy to make!

    Oh we had to make do with a couch as ours actually broke one day so we just had to go and buy a modern one, which is actually a nice material so hey it'll do for now when we have no money to be looking and it's still in a good condition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuffs as usual. It is funny about the ashtray because I just blog photos of my living room and It does include a similar ashtray !!
    I love clocks, I need clocks... booo !! so much things i want !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sculpture babies in their future! HA!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete