Monday, August 23, 2010

Some Of The eBay Purchases I Love



I realized I dwelled on the negative eBay purchases in my other post, so I wanted to do a follow up on GOOD eBay purchases, because I have had many!

Some things are still very much thrown together as my house is still not "put together" but...

The red rose photo album is more 1940's but I love it.





Bad pic, but I love my starburst clocks and matching sconces. These will go in the living room.





I bought everything but Buddha from eBay: The atomic tripod ashtrays, the two Sputnik barometers, and the lily pad shaped glass plate looks amazing with the lotus flower and Buddha I got at a Thrift.





LOVE my 1950's pink General Electric phone! Had one exactly like this as a kid.




I do love most all my handmade pottery.





These I adore. That's my 3 year old hand print in front. How many of you still have yours?





OK, so this is the lamp with the chipped base and the fake Eames sculptures, but I do LOVE them regardless, and the lamp. And the atomic starburst finial I got a while ago. These are also some of the vintage plastic, yes plastic curtains I bought on eBay really cheap one day. They are temporary until I can get my barkcloth curtains up, but the windows are huge, so that will take some combining with other curtains as I can't find enough matching atomic curtains to go around the whole room






Another atomic tripod ashtray.





This is not exactly as vintage as mid-century, but I love it! Atomic/space/solar system sculpture.






I love this! I had been shopping for one of these atomic particle bobber spray things for ages, and finally found one in the right colors.





I LOVE my matching atomic particle feet chairs and the footstool DOES look good with one of them.




This is my favorite atomic tripod ashtray. You can find some really inexpensive cool ashtrays on eBay. Not for ashes anymore lol...





This pink cone lamp, love, love. I DO love my Fallout Shelter sign too, even with the slightly dinged edge,





LOVE this lamp, got it for a steal. Will have to change the shade and use the purple shade somewhere else, but love this lamp!





Another shot of the super cheap and VERY handy plastic mid-century curtains! I took them out of the package and hung them right up.






LOVE these enamel drink coasters. Beautiful! And my double boomerang table! Wow! That's going to be the focus of the room!





I do love my atomic particle magazine rack (even tho it was painted black over gold). The mags lie nice and flat, and I love my atomic bomb books too!






More of these handthrown pottery vases, some of these were Moms.





And more plastic curtains along with one of the matching bar stools I got with the white chairs.


Soooo there ARE some wonderful things on eBay! You can't beat the selection, and prices are not as bad as the antique malls around here. Not by a long shot!

I bet you have found a lot of wonderful things on eBay too, haven't you? =)
.
.

27 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts! I saw those blue "MCM" sculpures on ebay before you bought them, so reading about your experience with them after has been interesting. Keep up the good posts! Its nice to see another MCM fan in the So Cal area. Where about So Cal are you? I am in a suburb in north eastern LA Couty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Miss Deville! Love your blog too, adding it to my blogroll. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss A, your boomerang table slays. Positively dead over here. *faints*

    You hanging in there, girl? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks AM lol, but see how many more people respond to the bad purchases? ;)

    Hanging, Darlene lol how about you? Huddled in front of the a/c all day here, still hotter than heck outside. =/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your atomic stuff, your ball display thingy is a lot shorter than mine- I wonder how widely produced they were? I got mine in New Zealand but I've seen a couple here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the table and glad you've had loads of good experiences too! I recognise that table, there's one on ebay at the moment here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140396499579&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT Buy It Now at $125,000 yes you heard right!! That's why I'm watching it, what planet do they live on? I'm assuming you didn't pay $125,000 ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks LofS and Kitty. Yes, most of those ball sprays are on a taller base.


    STM I saw that when I got my table, for a steal compared to that. That's crazy and I think they have another agenda other than selling that table. Or they are just crazy lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sunburst clocks! :D When I eventually do start redecorating that will be one of the first things I buy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all so great, no need to break down what I love, I LOVE IT ALL! Do you mix and match, or have any certain theme for rooms? I think you've told me, but can't remember. Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those Satrburst Clocks!!! You have a great 50's sense...but you know that already!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Jabacue. I have another one I love even more. It has two small lights on the back so it is backlit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ZSM I have a theme for every room. It makes decorating easier and helps you stick to a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want it all! I especially love the pink phone and the magazine rack!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must say that I had a paper bag over my head from age 5-15, I don't remember us having anything like that except the ash trays. I remember us mostly having real old, wood stuff. I do have some memories of serving dishes, glasses, pitchers etc that were from that time and before. Our magazine rack is now up in my attic - it's wood.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your platic curtains even if they are plastic they are pretty!! And just think if a someone tripped with a glass of wine in their hands and was falling in the area of yoru curtains you would have not a worry in the world. ;)Also I found one of those atomic bobble spray thingers at a thrift store. Mine is yellow and orange. When I was younger my Aunt had one on a table in her living room and I always liked it.

    I love all your stuff its gorgeous.
    That red photo album is so very sweet also.
    Great post =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiya Ally!


    Sharon, Colonial Revival was the hot interior design of the day back in the 1950's. If you look at a lot of interiors back then, virtually none had this "modern atomic" design, but this is what I love! It's very 50's, but not too many homes were futuristic enough to have all these things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sooooo want that phone! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the phone! When I re-did my sitting room, my hubby presented me with the classic black model that he had stored away somewhere from days gone by. Works and everything - and man, you can hear that ring from anywhere in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pink phone-awesome! I have a red one just like it in my kitchen, I think my hubby thought I was nuts when I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love your phone! That was a good find. It reminds me of my grandmother's old aqua phone. I don't normally buy from ebay... but I do get a lot of my vintage things from Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Atomic Lamp LOVEEEEE!! I have always been attracted to that atomic look, but that lamp takes the cake! It's so perfect!

    And the chair and footstool? To die for! I'm in serious coveting mode now and must go repent.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi. I was just wondering if you could help me. I am collecting 1950's things to turn my house into a retro 1950's home. Whats the best things to search for on ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hiya twinklez...

    It took me a while to finally decide on WHAT 1950's style I wanted. There are many!

    I'd say, search eBay or the internet or blogs for all the terms you can to see as many different things as you can.

    When you start to see a pattern of the types of things you love, you will adopt the style that is best for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have one of those big red rose scrapbooks! It is full of all the baby cards given to my parents in 1952 (I was the first child). The cards are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete