Friday, August 27, 2010

Cigar Box Treasures - 1950's Mini Time Capsules

I know I have done a couple posts about this, thanks to inspiration from my friend Space Commander, but I am so charmed by it.

In my folks' house, there were drawers and cabinets that stuff got put in, and were almost never touched. They were like little time capsules.

Why, I don't know, it was just their way.

Years ago, even before I knew this was important to me, something made me collect and keep these little drawer treasures. I have much more, but I put these in a cigar box.

There is something so quietly charming about little details like this, from my late family, that means the world to me now.

Be sure to start collecting little mementos from your family too, if you have not already. You won't be sorry, and they can be little things, like these.

I asked this recently as well, but...

What do you do with your loose old photos? Box them? Try to fit them in albums. I need some help, I have a lot of them!

Thanks, and Happy Friday everyone!