Thursday, July 29, 2010

Please Buy This For Me: Working Moving Model of the Solar System



I find this fascinating! An Orrery brand working, moving model of the Solar System. Like a clock. A replica of an antique. Would look perfect in my mid-century Space theme room.



They only run about $600 lol....



But for $600, I'll need a muse to buy it for me. =)



On another note, whoever told me the three 1960's blue face sculptures in my previous post were new and from Pier One, was mistaken. =)

I googled the heck out of those yesterday, and they are not anything I've found to be from any "new" store.




Saw these amazing 1950's enamel coasters months ago, but lost the bid back then. They sold for too much money. But I was able to pick them up the other day for a song, and they arrived in record time!




I'm a teetotaler, alcohol never did anything for me but make me stupid, so I never have been much of a drinker.


And as such, I'm not into "bar ware" despite now owning 4 matching bar stools and this fine set of bar drink coasters, but do any of you collect bar wear, and do you have an actual bar?


Happy Thursday everyone!
.
.

8 comments:

  1. That is soooo amazing!! I would have that too and if I was rich I'd buy us both one!

    Yes I have bars, barware and yes I drink :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do collect barware; something about all the good times had with it in the past makes me unable to pass it up. Or maybe it is simply the fact that it's shiny. Oh, and I like to use it.

    I am actually looking for an awesome 50s bar to store all this stuff. Right now, I am using a boring old bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago someone at work gave Dad a kind of bar. It was a little cabinet on legs, that opened up. Formica exterior, but a kind of laminate formica that wasn't very memorable.

    We kids used to drink Shirley Temples back then. We thought we were swell.

    Does anyone else remember those?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NOW THAT is a major MCM thing that I would covet the crap out of! What a fan-flippin-tastic find, Miss! Good eye!

    You can still use bar ware stuff, like hubby and I do, non-alcoholic as we are... we simply put iced tea or lemonade or whatever. But then, we're a little left of center, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Darlene... =D

    I bought some wonderful glass drinking glasses, and Mom has some incredible etched glasses from the early late 40's - 1950's when she and Dad were fist married (and they drank on occasion) so I'm set in that respect, but I tend to put my Kerns nectar juice in them rather than alcohol. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are wine drinkers (though not heavily) and hubby has a beer every now and again. I've always wanted a freestanding bar, though don't ask me why. We don't entertain anymore, and we certainly don't need it for just the two of us. I just like the idea (and looks of them) I guess. lol

    We do have a coffee bar and I'm happy with that.

    I love those coasters and would probably find a place over the coffee bar for them as wall decor!

    That solar system piece is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Hiya, Miss A! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete