Saturday, July 17, 2010

OK All My Vintage Space Toy Gun Experts, I Need Your Help!



See these little plastic disk dealies? You can see them better on the package itself. The yellow dish or disk things?

Well, I remember my brothers using some kind of guns that shot these disk dealies out of them, but I don't remember the gun.

Do you?

Was it a "Wonder Gun" like it says on the package, or did other guns use this?



I'm still digging these disks out of the backyard to this day lol...

What kind of gun(s) used this type of disk ammo?

Thanks!


I've made a couple other posts today, be sure to check out the auction items I mentioned below. No one told me when I first started using Blogger, but to get to all the posts, you just click on the banner ^^^up there, and you can see all the most recent posts.
.
.

12 comments:

  1. It's a very simple basic plastic pistol, slightly "spacey" looking. You can find them on eBay often. I had one of these flying disc guns when I was a kid :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, that packaging is way cooler than the pistol ever was LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the one I had:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PmvsWE1k-7w/SezTdmdZlbI/AAAAAAAAAKM/BcIdD_Q0Xzc/s400/tracer-gun.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a search for "Mystery Gun" on eBay and nothing came up. And yeah, I don't recall the actual guns being anything memorable lol...

    Good to see you around, Space Commander. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh thanks!! Yup, that would be them. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to seeya too ;) It's been crazy here, going to likely stay that way until Junior's back in school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, have fun with him, they grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Space Commander beat me to it! We used to call them 'Star Trek guns'.

    http://www.samstoybox.com/toys/TracerGun.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, a basic search under "space gun" will turn up lots of them. They were packaged generically, but also with the "Star Trek" license, as well as a "Space: 1999" license. I recently saw a die-cast metal version of the gun, which I'm assuming predates the plastic ones. I didn't go for it, not sure why, it was definitely rare. But the plastic examples turn up all the time, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I want an atomic looking space gun of all things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for all the info! =D

    Off to check for "vintage space guns" lol...

    ReplyDelete