Tuesday, July 6, 2010

1968 Instructo Space Planet Astronaut Set



If you are really old, like me, you remember when they used to have these felt boards. And you'd just sort of "stick" things to it.

It was mostly done in classrooms, used as teaching guides and such.

This is before Colorforms, if you are old enough to remember the "cling" type of plastic sold to kids.




And so is this super cool space set I just snagged for a mere $4. Whoo hoo.... lol...

It claims to have all the punch out pieces, some still needing to be punched out, some not, and comes with the solar system felt board.

Make the planets float in space. Have your astronaut standing on Jupiter or Mars.

Hours of fun to be had by all!
.
.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember these too. They were a lot of fun and occupied us kids for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I had a set like this but not space-themed, I think they were called 'fuzzy felts'. The space one is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! They would call them flannel graphs here, they used to use 'em in Sunday school since that was one way they could keep our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so there are other old folks like me out in blog land lol.....

    I think the stuff they stuck to the felt boards were also felt. These seem to be paper?

    Well, flannel, felt, paper, it's all good. =)

    p.s. I got kicked out of my friends Sunday school class because I asked too many questions lol...........

    ReplyDelete