Sunday, June 27, 2010

What Treasures Are In Your Cigar Boxes?



Thanks to inspiration from our darling Mz Pixie and a while ago from Mr Space Commander, who I think got the idea from someone else, I thought I'd ask you all:

What's in your old cigar boxes?

Above is a vintage picnic basket, full of my old cigar boxes. Of course my vintage soda pop bottle cap collection is just to the left in the vintage red Pyrex fridge glass thingie...






The painted box on top has: old office supplies. Love the little containers.







And the boxes inside the picnic basket.







Some of the old pens and such Dad used to bring home from his top secret Government job. It really was Top Secret, I never saw his office the decades he was there. Oops ignore the modern Bic pens lol...








Vintage greeting cards.








Overflow of vintage lace and such.








Dad used to deal in coins for a while there when I was a kid. Oh and the $2 bills I added to his collection.








For you Disneyland Anaheim CA lovers, two photos my folks took of Disneyland just before it opened, from the parking lot.








More of those super secret Government pens Dad used to bring home, and a couple old ties.









This one is special, because it has a lot of personal treasures, much like Mr Space Commander shared. I collected these together after I was a kid, so it wasn't my "kid box", but it has an awful lot of personal meaning to me.








And some of my vintage art supplies... Ok I cheated, that's not a cigar box lol...








Which also hold more vintage art supplies.





Now, share with us, what is in YOUR cigar boxes! Either a short note here, or better yet, a post with photos on your own blog, if you wish.

Share your treasures!
.
.

11 comments:

  1. Awwww.... You still have your pop bottle cap collection. Mine was tossed by Mrs. You-Know-Who *sigh* Oh, the brutal pangs of a childhood treasure lost!!!

    That's okay, you can make it up to me... I've got dibs on the Popeye Paint set :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great post! I wish I still had as many of my Great Grampa's cigar boxes as I used to. I posted about the one I still have on my blog.

    http://thepincurldiaries.blogspot.com/2010/06/cigar-boxes-when-it-rains-it-pours.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I will post on my Saturday blog (Retro Saturday)as soon as I gather up my 'cigar' boxes. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should take another photo of those bottle caps. I just love them!

    (Psssst you can find them crawling all over eBay lol).


    Thanks for sharing, Jennifer!


    Looking forward to it, Jabacue. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were any of the supplies yours? I remember getting my school supplies, and loving the smell of them. Weird huh? I liked my Prang paints, until I had to use them and mess em up! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  6. must be a very American thing, I've never heard of people collecting in old cigar boxes, nice to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My entire house is my cigar box!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would take part but don't have any cigar boxes. I wanna see your bottle cap collection - didn't Bert from Sesame Street collect those too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my how sweet! I too have boxes of treasures. Mostly bits and pieces of broken jewelry, stickers, etc. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great. As a tried and true Disney Dork(TM), I have to say I'd love to get a closer up photo of your Disneyland photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy I have 3 or four. I will post them soon!

    ReplyDelete