Monday, June 28, 2010

Vintage Soda Pop Bottle Cap Collection

I wanted to move on from my earlier post, to something more charming. Crushed lampshades and difficult sellers are two things I don't want to dwell on.

A couple of you asked about my vintage soda pop bottle cap collection from my previous post on cigar boxes.

So here it is in all it's technicolor glory lol...

Well, for those of you who are not old and decrepit like me, soda used to be sold in glass bottles. You used a bottle opener to open them. Nothing twisted off on these babies!

The caps had a cork lining underneath to help hold the metal against the glass top. And they were often colorful little works of art!

My favorite are the Ritz brand.

These are now used in Altered Artworks as my more artistic friends know.

Back in the day, we made little figures out of these by stringing them together front to back, running a wire through the layers, making arms and legs much like you might have also seen done with buttons.

Tramp art or folk art is what they call it now. Back then, we called it fun! (This is not mine, I stole it off the internet lol).

Do you collect any sort of soda related items?