Thursday, June 3, 2010

Besides Being A Vintage Lover and Blogger...

Tired of me posting my latest acquisitions yet? I sure am!

Turquoise lamp to go with the black and turquoise boomerang table that just arrived.

The table is awesome, and only two screws are missing from the trim edge and there is a spot on the black top which is rubbed off.

Both details undisclosed in the auction, but what are you going to do? I still love it, but it would have been nice to mention these little flaws in the auction description.

OK, so I finally arranged for a friend of a friend to go get my pink appliances this Saturday. Yea!

As it turns out, this guy (who works for my friend who does commercial construction) also does some residential construction. And knows other guys who do other types of residential construction.

Now times are hard in the construction world, so when I started to mention a whole check list of things I need to have done on my house, he was able to offer his services or those of a trusted friend/co-worker.

Soooo I may have finally found a source for all the things I need to have done!

In addition, I will be helping these guys out by giving them some work.

Not a lot, but every little bit helps.

Keeping fingers crossed over this.

NOW here is the reason for my blog title.

But FIRST (Oh come on Atomic Ranch Lady, this is already TOO much to read!!) I want to thank all of you for your insightful replies on yesterdays question. I love to know what is on your minds!

NOW, here is the question:

Besides being A Vintage Lover and Blogger...

What do you do?

Do you work? At what? Are you a Mom who plays with her kids or home schools? Do you have an undisclosed trust fund and travel the world looking for those great buys? Are you writing the Great American novel? Do you build ship models with toothpicks? Do you volunteer down at the V.A.?

Tell us what you do when you are not blogging or collecting!

P.S. I guess "vintage lover" sounds like a really old person who loves ha ha ha. But YOU know what I mean!