Thursday, May 27, 2010

That Darn Eames Blue Vase

I know, I know! Such a small thing to complain about! But while this arrived in fast time and in great condition, I bought it because it looks like it has a matt or dull finish on it. Turns out it's got a hard shine finish to it.

Do you see shine? Nope, looks dull. I should have asked. MY fault!

I will simply have to sign up at my local J.C. and take a pottery class and make my own, or go out to the thrifts and buy them. Heck, they can be fired yesterday and I don't care, as long as they have that dull, sandy, gritty lava or whatever finish that mid-century pottery has.

I am trying my best to get all of your vintage retro super cool blogs in my blogroll, so do NOT hesitate to mention it IF I don't have yours on there already!

And still anxious about getting my boomerang table. Fingers crossed it arrives undamaged.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday.

Any plans for Memorial Day? Share them with us!
Don't forget Vintage Christine's Giveaway. Enter now!