Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mid-Century Atomic Pink Ashtray



1950's ashtrays are so affordable, even on eBay, that you might as well pick up a few, and pick up one's that fit your decor! Got this one for a good deal, on . . . eBay, of course.

I did a post on boomerang ashtrays a while ago (I'm too lazy to find the link) but I bought three boomerang ashtrays that sit on the same black wire stands, and I have to say, they REALLY look "atomic" so I had to add this one for the Master bedroom.

Just for looks, no one is allowed to smoke inside my house!

But I think they look fantastic.



I repainted the ceiling in the living room a dreaded second time and it looks much better, but there still is a very fine "pattern" to it when the afternoon light floods the room.

Heck with it! I still have all kinds of brush work to do around the rest of the windows and a little more roller work, plus the shade-darker trim, so I'll leave it at that. One more gallon of paint to pick up in the same color.

Then it's on to the hallway.

I was thinking a cream or off-white color with a pale yellowish-goldenrod trim color for the hallway. What do you think?


After that, I'm going to have those floors resanded and varnished. Yea!!

Hope you all are having a fantastic Sunday!