1

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Mid-Century Debate



People! We need a rousing debate! A friendly discussion of the definition of what exactly constitutes "Mid-Century" because why? Because I want to hear your opinions. And I thought it would be a good topic.

Now please note, this is a TONGUE IN CHEEK type of discussion, and I demand you don't take my opinions personally lol...

But here is what I think:

If it's late 1960's - 1970's it's NOT mid-century!

Mid-Century = the decade just before and after the 1950's. Taking WWll into account, Mid-Century therefor is 1945-1965.

People! Just look at the image above. Can you honestly say that's Mid-century? NO! It's a style that is markedly DIFFERENT from the 1945-1965 era I THINK is really Mid-Century!

I mean, who are we kidding here? Orange flowers and avacado green is not Mid-Century, it's RETRO people, RETRO!!

Agree?

Disagree? I want to hear your opinion. Stand your ground! Tell me the late 60's - 70's are somehow Mid-Century!

=)

Okie dokie, here are some more examples of NOT Mid-Century (below).



Not Mid-century.



Nope.



Can't agree, not Mid-Century.



Retro, people, it's RETRO!



Uh uh, nadda.



Can't be.



Completely different.



And a nyet lol...



OK, Now HERE is Mid-Century! Take note, good people of Blogger land lol...



Yup, Mid-Century.



This is what I am talking about.



Oh baby, that's the ticket.



Pure Mid-Century style.



Here we go.



Are you seeing what I see?



Blissful post-war baby boomer style.



And I am right and those of you who disagree are wrong.

Now, state your case! Tell me I am wrong! Tell me where the sun don't shine! Debate! =)


*NOTE* No bloggers were actually hurt during the creation of this post. Thank you.

P.S. There really is no "right" or "wrong" answer, but I'd like to know how you quantify it. =)