Saturday, May 22, 2010

Vintage Eames Cornflower Blue Glaze Vase



I got this sweet little Eames era vase for $0.99. eBay, of course.

I don't know why, but a while ago I started to collect these "ugly" little pots.

The kind with the matte glazes and sand-grit or dull finishes in earth colors.

I have my collection on a small set of wooden shelves original to the house.

Poor shelf needs refinishing too.

Old photo from last year of my very modest vintage pottery collection:
pottery

And my big glass Bonsai tree on top and still no clue how to clean it except go piece by piece (like I have time for that!)


Oh and thank you all for all your comments and suggestions as always.

I contacted the seller of the broken lamp. We'll see what she says!
.

8 comments:

  1. I like the one with the blue turquoise inside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pottery. I love the one with the turquoise inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty little collection! Good luck with the lamp seller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore that bonsai tree. do you think something like those keyboard cleaners where it sprays air would make it a quick clean job? otherwise i would say you need to set aside a day to clean that haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bought that bowl with the turquoise interior long before I specifically collected anything 1950's or pottery.

    Not a bad idea, Atomic Mam, but I'm afraid the dust is laid on it pretty thick. Mom bought it at an antique shop about 10 years ago, and it was dusty then lol.......

    I'll sit down with windex and paper towels and Q-tips and go at it one day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find these from time to time and love them, but that's a great price! Love your collection! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why, but other folks like them too, so the price often goes much higher.

    I try to collect something mid-century unique, but noooo, others do the same thing too lol... grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your pots, nice collection.

    ReplyDelete