Friday, May 28, 2010

Christopher - My Atomic Ranch Cat Has an Owie

Meet my buddy Christopher.

My sweet little buddy Chris, came out of the Studio limping this morning when I let him out. Poor guy! He was fine when I put him in there with my other Atomic cat Honey last night. He got in a brief scuffle with another cat that hangs around here, Gentry, but I broke that up within 30 seconds. Didn't notice any injuries yesterday.

I hope it's either a sprain or an infected scratch? He seemed to be in discomfort when I tried to pet him on his head, and you all may not agree with me on this, but I hesitate to take him to the vet and put him through further trauma and anxiety if it's just a sprain, and all they would tell me to do is keep him comfy until it heals anyways.

It's very stressful for a cat to be put in a carrier and taken to a strange place with dogs barking and strange smells and people when you are in pain and don't understand what's going on.

It makes my heart ache when one of my little pet friends doesn't feel well, so I will keep a very, very careful eye on him and take him right in if he seems to be getting worse.

He's often laying in front of the computer as I work, and follows me everywhere.

Keep your fingers crossed for my buddy Chris!