Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Atomic Lamp and Wall Pocket



Couldn't help snagging this gem of a lamp. My folks used to have a pair of lamps with this sort of "pagoda" style lampshade, so since I got it for a good price, I had to add it.



And this darling measuring spoon holder wall pocket. Not the colors I was looking for, but will come in handy. Unless I decide to give it away. I have quite a few things I want to do giveaways with, and when I can find the time...

I do believe the living room is all painted. Well, except for one wall that needs a second coat. And the trim. But first I had to fill in some major dings and scratches in the wood trim around a couple doors. But I don't have the right sand paper, so I will have to get some.

It's always something, isn't it?

Happy Tuesday evening! Tell me your day was much more fun!

10 comments:

  1. Loving the lamp...especially the atomic base. Is the painting ever complete???? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lamp is really unusual! I love it. You are such an ambitious person, I need to paint, but keep putting it off. Cute measuing spoons too. I saw an article just about these type of wall pockets, they are the cutest! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to say my day wasn't much more fun, I was at work watching the clock instead of watching paint dry. Another day another dollar! Let's see if Wednesday is more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a temporary job. Not sure if that makes my day good or not, but at least they are willing to pay me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lamp is just too fabulous! I've been trying to hard to find some fun lamps but there are none to be had (within my budget anyway! lol) I love it and the spoon holder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooove that lamp! It's so awesomely unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you followed me right before I got a chance to comment!
    I just wanted to say that I am new to your blog and really love it. I am a student of historic preservation which means saving old buildings, structures and the related. I have a special interest in mid-century Americana (housewise and generally) so of course I am in love with your blog! Looking forward to seeing more and great job on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous lamp!!! Love that vintage style!!

    ReplyDelete