Saturday, April 17, 2010

Don't You Hate It When. . .



Don't you hate it when you are SURE an eBay auction ends at a certain time, you even write it down, then when you go back to get ready to bid on it, you find the auction has already ended? With NO bids, so you could have snagged an amazing deal for the opening bid price?

And then you email the seller and ask if they are going to relist it, or could they offer you a Buy It Now for the opening bid?

And of course they email you back saying they would have lost big time if it only sold for the opening bid price and NO they won't let it go for that opening bid amount because they had 20 "watchers" on it (but why didn't they bid either?).

So I lost out on this cool shelf set.

Much like I lost out on that starburst clock at the opening bid from the seller who seems to have an endless supply of starburst clocks they used to claim were "vintage" (I'm a skeptic, and while his/her clocks still sell for $100+, I think s/he took out the word "vintage" ;) because as I wrote here over a year ago, s/he sure seems to have an endless supply of "vintage" clocks in perfect, brand-new shape)

Oh well, I console myself by saying the colors red and yellow won't fit any of my rooms, and it's probably too small, and. . . I'm just mad! Ha ha

12 comments:

  1. aw I hate that!Or when they do relist it and everyone and their mom realizes how cool it is and it goes for an insane amount!Oh or they relist with an INSANELY HIGH buy it now option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does suck! It happned SOOOO many times with the sunburst clock... so I finally just waited on the cell phone ot bid, during a new years eve dinner party haha. I felt bad for being rude and on the cell phone, but the people at the dinner party actually started rooting for me to win! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Mick, it was a Christmas eve that I almost won one of those starburst clocks for the opening bid of $24... Grrr...

    Oh I am sure the shelves will be bid over $100 the second time around grrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh sorry. I haven't really bid on ebay...can ya believe it? Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has happened to me a couple of times. I thought about emailing the seller but figured they'd pretty much say what you said they say.

    Oh well... wasn't meant to be, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not meant to be, yes. But I'm still pouting lol... =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. one word for you, rancher- www.biddingscheduler.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. But I'm suspicious of bidding/sniping programs because you have to give them your eBay password. I don't like strangers to have access to my accounts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, yes! I've had this happen a few times over the years - I've even had it occur when I was on the computer, for Pete's sake! ;D), and it always irksome. I try and comfort myself by saying something like, "well, clearly it just wasn't meant to be, a better version of "item x" will show up eventually and I'll definitely snag that one" (eternal optimist that I am).

    I really appreciate your comment today regarding Chronically Vintage's 1st Birthday, and I want to thank you straight from my heart for your wonderful comments, support and friendship, they’ve woven together to help make Chronically Vintage the delightful, inspiring place it is. I’m so looking forward to my next year of vintage blogging and of visiting your own marvellously lovely site!

    Tons of hugs & thanks,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I don't understand is someone saying they wouldn't have sold for the starting price anyway, erm then why list it starting at that? When I sell I always start it off at what I'm prepared to sell it at, not below!

    Sorry you lost out, that happens to me too often as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, if you don't want to sell something at the opening bid, then change the opening bid. Seller has yet to relist it, but I'm not sure I want it now regardless. A bad attitude does not make me happy about wanting to give my hard-earned money over to someone who seems resentful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you ever used the "watch this auction" feature on ebay? It will send you reminder emails when an auction is ending and it will list itself under "watching" on your My ebay page. I use it all the time :-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete