Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Amazing Retro Art of Michelle Bickford



I am drooling, DROOLING over this artists retro artworks!

Click on images to see larger view.



I'd like a dozen of these to hang in my living room!



All through my retro house!



So "Googie" style...



So retro!



Love them!



And info below...



I featured another eBay artist here before, and that didn't seem to get a response from the artist (Surprisingly! I used to sell my art on eBay, I would have been thrilled for the extra exposure!), so I hope this wonderful artist will come and comment about her amazing artworks!

HERE are her eBay auctions.

And...

HERE is her website.

She does other retro art, so go check it out!

10 comments:

  1. Oh My! I love these.
    I particularly like the 3D aspect of them. I'm off to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm skipping to the newest post. I don't know what you paid for the Calder table cloth, but that's worth a some money. Don't do anything until you talk to me. I got so excited I didn't even read if it's in good shape. The Modernist show in coming up very soon in Palm Springs, do you want to sell it? Write me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Hollywood forever, Kevin...

    Make me an offer I can't refuse! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for blogging about my art! You have a VERY cool blog and I am going to cruise through it while I sip my coffee… and "Hollywood forever, Kevin" is right! That is a pretty cool Calder tablecloth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, Thanks for the comments regarding my father, that was kind of you. Secondly, I'm not allowed to bring anymore tablecloths into the house, house rules.I meant if you sell through your blog like some people do the Palm Springs and L.A. dealers would love it, and again the Modernist Show is coming up. Thirdly, I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Michelle, glad you dropped in! I love your work!


    Ha ha Kevin, Palm Springs is tempting verrrry tempting. Have not been out there in a few years. Thanks for the tip, though, I've seen a couple of these sell before (on eBay) so I have an idea of that price, but I imagine a retail sale would fetch quite a bit for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once made a dress out of 2 old tablecloths. They did not have a cool print on them so I did not feel too bad about cutting them up. Tee hee!

    Thank you again for highlighting my art!! I bet the artist that did not comment on their art post didn't see that their art was highlighted. It's probably just a simple over-sight :-)

    ReplyDelete