Thursday, February 18, 2010

So I Finally Got My 1950's Starburst Clock



Which is very cool, but I also noticed the minute hand is "loose". No, not like a wanton woman, but if you move the clock around, the minute hand moves by itself about a 1/2 inch to an inch on it's own.




Where is my rolling eye smilie?



So before I leave feedback, I'll have to plug that sucker in and watch it. Because I suspect when the minute hand gets to about 10 after the hour, it's going to jump to 15 or 20 after the hour.

It's not attached by a screw but more like a flat nut-dealie, and looks like I'd have to take it all apart to try tightening that loose hand, and even that seems iffy at best.

So, should I neg the hell out of the seller or what?

8 comments:

  1. Your post brought back memories. My folks had that same clock, and the minute hand always did that! I think it was less than 5 minutes, but still!!. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it? Maybe they all do that? lol...

    I DO love the clock, it's heavy and solid and will look right on the wall...

    Maybe I am being too picky? Heehee....

    ReplyDelete
  3. if it was listed in good condition with no remark about the second hand being loose i would email them first before leaving a bad rating. something similar happened to me a couple of months ago with a 50s lamp. I emailed the seller and they apologized and gave me a paypal credit for what the part would cost me. So things turned out ok. But if they had not tried to remedy the situation i owuld have been a real stinker :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. more ramblings... your in a sticky situation because your clock and lights are electric. clock repair kits these days are battery. so it would completely takeaway the functionality of the lights if you had to manually repair the clock. these are things you can b*tch to the seller about :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd be runnin' a little slower after 50 years or so...I like that "time" has caught up with your vintage clock. I'd let it be a part of its story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. God.

    I LOVE it!

    Congratulations~ awesome.

    ReplyDelete