Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Want This Vintage Chenille Bedspread

Mint green and pink. In an ultra-feminine pattern. Beautiful condition. it's the kind of thing that would make me want to decorate a whole room around it, and while I appreciate "Shabby Chic" style, it's not a look I want. But seeing this makes me want to go there.

Of course I could keep the room more traditional 1950's and use this color palette, it doesn't have to be "Shabby", right?

It's to die for! Why do I find these things? It's up to just over $200, but it has a reserve. I wonder what they want for it? Those Reserves can be tricky.

I'm over here drooling, I have to admit. Trying to convince myself that I work hard (I do, I really do) and I deserve to get whatever occasional special item I want, and it's OK to spend money once in a while (I grew up with thrifty Depression Era parents).

What do you think? Is it really Vintage or a newer spread with a Vintage style? It's the most beautiful bedspread I've ever seen.

But with my luck, the cat will sneak into the house and barf on it ha ha ha ha ha.....