Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day



I hope all of you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.



I thought I'd google some wonderful Shabby Chic style interiors. I love the style, tried it in my art Studio for a while. But as much as I loved the look of living in an Antique Mall, all the dusting of so many things simply wasn't for me.



But I still love looking at photos of it. What a brilliant use of old, vintage and cast-off things!



Interestingly, I didn't find as many "wow" images as I thought I would. Where did they all go?



But I find it relaxing to look at these interiors. It makes me want to go Antique shopping.



Mom's tribute room is quite Shabby Chic, but it stays closed off, so dust isn't much of an issue. I do love going in there and spending quiet time.



I hope you have lovely quiet space you enjoy escaping into.



And know that you are loved on this special day!



I adore all of you. Have a most wonderful Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos and I'd love to have that typewriter!! Happy Valentine's Day darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you about the 'dusting'... I love nice things but 'not too many'! Nice blog.

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooove shabby chic! I think my favorite may be the pink typewriter! Sooo cute!! Also, the bird's nest! I don't mind dusting at all, I like pretty things, I guess!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing these lovely pictures with us, I enjoy looking at them too.

    Have a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pink typewriter!

    I hope you had a lovely day. :-)

    ReplyDelete