Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another 1950's Starburst Clock



Whoo-hoo, got a matching-ish black and gold starburst clock to match my other black and gold starburst clock. This one for only $28!!

It doesn't have the cool backlit lights, but it certainly was more affordable.





On an even better note, I went through most all the family photos last night. Mom used to have a photo of she and Dad taken while they went to Vegas hanging on the hall wall, and I did not see it. I hope to heck I didn't somehow throw it out when I was getting rid of her multitudes of smaller framed things she'd hang on the wall (mostly pretty little pictures she'd find in magazines or pretty greeting cards she framed). I don't think she would have put a magazine pic over a photo like that, and while I was sure I checked behind every picture before throwing it out, I can't seem to find it. I get hung up on details like that lol.

At any rate, it was wonderful looking at the old photos. More photos of the house when it was new, the furniture, the landscaping, and best of all, more photos of the Big Band my Dad played in. I only had one of him loading up his drums into his car. Now I have pics of the whole band!

My Dad also used to go to the Palladium to listen to the other Big Bands, and there's a photo of he and Mom in a Palladium folder taken by a photographer there. Very cool.

I don't have a scanner, so will have to take digital photos of the photos (ugh), but will try and get some posted later today, if possible.

OK, so it may not be quite as interesting as Vintage Christine's Ronald McDonald photos, but very retro 1950's indeed!

P.S. I started adding your blogs to a bloglist in my wigits along the side of my blog, and will add any and all of you who comment on my blog on a semi-regular basis and have a blog that is retro or art related, and one that you update on some kind of regular basis. =)

P.P.S. I notice that artist I featured several posts ago never responded to my email to her via eBay, and never came here to comment? I wonder why? When I was selling on eBay, I'd have jumped for joy if my art was featured on someone's blog. =)

8 comments:

  1. LOVE both clocks, can't WAIT to see the Vegas pics of your folks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I started adding your blogs to a bloglist in my wigits along the side of my blog, and will add any and all of you who comment on my blog on a semi-regular basis and have a blog that is retro or art related, and one that you update on some kind of regular basis. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I meant to edit my post and add that comment LOL@me, I need another coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANY photographs that bring back good memories (and not so good memories) are to be treasured. I'm glad I saved so many photos--I know my father took a kajillion of them when we were kids and I also know they've been sitting in his attic for years and years. I'll be anxious to see more pix of YOUR family--your parents sound sooooo interesting and fun. And glad you enjoyed seeing those half-naked Ronalds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay what's up? Did you read my most recent post? And now I see a picture of not one but TWO beautiful clocks. Major clock envy going on here. I can't believe you found matching ones. That is so awesome. I'm sure you could figure out how to light up the other one if you really wanted to. Nice, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MATCHING!?! haha I share Mid centuurymadam's envy! It took me 9 years to get one and you get 2 within months of eachother... haha Prehaps you get a mini light kit for like a christmas tree bulb and make this new one back lit too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. what about some sort of LED to backlight the clock?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo great ideas! Yes, I'll set about getting the other one back-lit myself.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete