Friday, December 25, 2009

1950's Vintage Collection



Clicky-click on the images to see bigger copies.

These are pictures of pictures, and not great pictures, either. But these are the only photos I have of my vintage collection on the shelves in my Studio.

My chrome kitchen appliances didn't show up along the top. But I have a few of those.




I took these about 5-6 or more years ago, because I had bought a lot of this stuff on eBay, then resold a good portion of it on eBay.



I collected it, then needed a bit of money, and I thought I had too much of it (I didn't have the house yet to put it all in) so at the peak of collecting, I snapped these photos.




I still have this vintage baby crib, purchased at a Thrift for $10. One of the few times I got a really good deal. I put some of Mom's hand sewn dolls in it when I put it in the pink room.


So what do you think? Too much?

I paid very little for any one item, but then I had a lot of little things.

I see something on one of the shelves I know I didn't sell, but don't know where it is. Isn't that frustrating?

The only thing I regret selling is a big box of plastic flowers, because they are difficult to find on eBay, I'd gotten a deal for $9 and turned around and resold it for about $75 back on eBay. Go figure! I know why, you cannot find them in large lots.

At any rate, please tell me I don't have the biggest collection ha!

5 comments:

  1. Of course it's not too much! You had some great stuff there! I want exactly that telephone on the fourth shelf down in the first photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think its too much at all, but if you need to get rid of some stuff I'll take the pink mixer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good lord--would you like to see the inside of the shed my husband had to build for me? Full. And the top of his pool table? Full. And my kitchen cupboards? Full. And let's not forget the garage, which he warned me not to infest, but unfortunately . . . 1/2 full. I would love any of your stuff--it's all great!! PS--I just noticed the picture of your Mom at Calvert Beach. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My God! I want your house so bad. I have just started my collection of things now and I hope to get a collection just like yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Glad folks don't think I am 'eccentric' or something ha ha.

    I've been collecting vintage things for oh... How long? I guess about 20 years. Not seriously for the first few years, then I really got into it about 10 years ago.

    Looking at those photos now, I wonder where a few of those things are?

    ***going to look***

    ReplyDelete